Hammock Filter Material

Recently purchased a custom made aluminum frame filter with screen and hinged sides. Am I correct in assuming that the direction of air flow should be first through the filter material and then screen with screen closest to coil? Material is 1 inch spun fiberglass and is only Merv 2. Is this OK to use on variable speed handler?

I would into putting a better filter in.

sure won't impede the airflow!

Recently purchased a custom made aluminum frame filter with screen and hinged sides. Am I correct in assuming that the direction of air flow should be first through the filter material and then screen with screen closest to coil
    That is correct. Fiberglass media is practically worthless though.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

So what would the recommended material to be used in this frame? Pleated media?

Isn't hammock spun fiberglass same as inexpensive bue $1 filters? Is present hogshair filter better than cheap disposable filters?

I like the 3M Hammock media - expensive, but superior to fiberglass and not too restrictive. (http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/spe...ter&fulldesc=1)

Trublue also makes something similar.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

I ordered some pleated material from air sponge. Will have to cut and fit to frame.