Thread: Trane XL20i

Post Likes

Trane XL20i

SO i finally got a answer today on why the 2 and 3 ton XL20i heat pumps are on a factory hold. Trane says they tested the equipment in a seasonal simulator (Simulates 6 months in 6 days) and the equipment was having problems.

Here is my question. Why did they not test this before the product hit the streets. They are starting to act like a 3rd rate company if you ask me.

Post Likes
    I seen you mention heat pumps in the other thread as well. what are the benefits of heat pumps over standard units? i was just curious why you install so many. they company i work for in houston sells very few and we do a TON of residential new construction down here.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MYLEVL View Post
    I seen you mention heat pumps in the other thread as well. what are the benefits of heat pumps over standard units? i was just curious why you install so many. they company i work for in houston sells very few and we do a TON of residential new construction down here.
    I am in Tampa Florida and most of my customers don't have any gas in there house. I would prefer to put in gas furnace systems but a heat pump is better then a straight coil with only electric heat strips.

Also we cool 2,500 hours a year and only heat 500 hours a year so we are not doing much heating anyways.

Post Likes
    oh ok, i see.

everyone here has gas and if they dont, then they do electric with heat strips for the most part. im not sure what our cool vs heat hours are here but im sure they are fairly similar to yours. i took classes and to be honest, they didnt teach much about heat pump and i have passed all the courses but have seemed to learn more here and in the field then i did in the class.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in