Thread: Alerton VLC550

Alerton VLC550

Somebody gave me one of these to use with some of our products to test. I'm looking for some information on it to see what/how it works. I get 249 variables on the device scan, but it would be nice to have some better explanations.

Also, can you setup the device with the variables as presented, or do I need some additional software?

TIA.

Additional Software Required

The VLC550 is programmable. You will need Envision for the programming. Be prepared, it won't be cheap. It would be best if you had a copy of the VLC's program before starting. My understanding is there can be issues with backups from the controller.

VLC 550 Info

I have a lot of good information. Send me a email. I might be able to help.

Bomberman

Need More

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Man View Post
    The VLC550 is programmable. You will need Envision for the programming. Be prepared, it won't be cheap. It would be best if you had a copy of the VLC's program before starting. My understanding is there can be issues with backups from the controller.
    You will also need a FST-100 as well or a BTI/BCM and good luck buying this stuff. The only way if you are a non dealer is to get a end user to buy it for you. As a non dealer you have no chance.

G

I'm just trying to see what it does. I'm making some pages in the server, the touchscreen and transferring points through our bacnet/LON gateway.

I thought it was an ASC type controller.

I'll just have to say to people I can't do anything with it other than deal with the points as is.

Bomberman- I'll fire off an email. Anything that can be identified is better than sticking with BV24, etc...