Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yes, I went to St.Clair. I am in the same boat as you stingray. 34 years old and starting over. Right now Im looking at going back to school for my welding licensed ( high pressure).

Hmm

I know what you mean.. I am very seriously looking at moving out of province, which would be hard to do, but no impossible. Seems like anywhere other than here is doing better, and even the government numbers show it, as we have the absolute highest unemployment rate in all of Canada here right now.

As for the G2 exam...do you have any pointers?...I know, study the code book right...no problem, that is what I am focusing on right now. One piece of advice I got was to read over the modules, the thicker the module, the more or that module will be on the exam...The electrical, and venting ones seem to be the largest..Also was told that depending on what version of the exam you get, some might be heavy in one particular area, such as venting or electrical. The one good thing is that this last couple of weeks we are doing pre-tests, which is basically teaching to the test in my opinion...But I think some of the weaker students definitely require this in order to pass. Some of these dudes are so freaked out that I think they either didn't know, or have forgotten some of the basics for the G3, and are psychologically setting themselves up for failure...

Mostly all code. But, there is alot of service questions that were on my exam. And know pipe sizing! Pretty much same as G3 but with the high pressure side. I didn't have to much in venting, but there is some questions. Keep your head in the code book, read the modules and you should do fine. Good Luck

Also, I am too looking to move out of province if needed be. I can always go back to tool and die, but this is what I really want to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12