1.5ton 134a evap coil

does anyone know if its a matter of changing the txv to convert a r22/r410a coil to 134a or should i be searching a coil specfically built for 134a?
    Any idea who makes a 134a 1.5 ton horizontal coil ?
    thanx,

jojo
    service tech

I guess everybody's question will be, Why are you asking? What are you trying to accomplish?
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Why are you asking? What are you trying to accomplish?

I don't even know who makes a 1.5 ton R134A condenser for A/C.

Now if your talking refrigeration, thats different.

More info jojo.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I don't even know who makes a 1.5 ton R134A condenser for A/C.

Now if your talking refrigeration, thats different.
    Not even in refrigeration.

I am trying to use a 134a system to cool my house. So what i am looking for will be a coil rated 1.5 tons using 134a with roughly the same supply air design temperatures & cfm ratings as that of a r22/r410a coil.
    I have spent hours on google and at my local HVAC supply houses trying to find one and the closest ive come up with is using one from an RV system, but I`d rather have one already designed similar to what is available for the residential market. I fiqured with the wealth of knowledge here, if one was in existance , one of you guys would know.

jojo

Set aside r-22 being phased out what is wrong with cooling your house with r-22 or 410A? What you are doing seems like a lot of extra work to me.

I do not know who would provide this in a residential market, but if you got the extra cash check out Nordic aire or Lintern they make specialty evaporators for high temp they are very expensive. They are the only companies i know make split a/c with R-134a

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I am trying to use a 134a system to cool my house. So what i am looking for will be a coil rated 1.5 tons using 134a with roughly the same supply air design temperatures & cfm ratings as that of a r22/r410a coil.
    I have spent hours on google and at my local HVAC supply houses trying to find one and the closest ive come up with is using one from an RV system, but I`d rather have one already designed similar to what is available for the residential market. I fiqured with the wealth of knowledge here, if one was in existance , one of you guys would know.

jojo
    So have you found a residential condensor that uses R134A? Or are you planning on changing refrigerants? I have yet to see any and I work at a supply house that sells refrigeration and hvac equipment. The other problem your likely to have is figuring out how to adapt a txv thats typically a refrigeration type valve to a AC based coil. Most refrigeration valves feed to a manifold. Most AC evap coils are feed thru a distributor assembly/rotolock type assembly.. Just curious....
    Last edited by nites chaos; 03-03-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: typo
    whaaaaa, you let all the smoke out

410a make it easy on yourself. I have found that when people make decisions to cut corners to save money, they either end up spending way more and ending up with something inferior or just plain doesn't work.