Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left Behind

Left Behind

Have you ever left something behind and on the next call realized that it is missing. Well on Friday I was at a call that was a hour drive out and hour drive back. I looked in the back of the truck and saw that my mini shop vac was missing. I have had it for over 4 years and the company bought it. So instead of driving out to get it I stopped at Home Depot and bought the same one for $39. Now the customer called the office and wants me to drive out and get it. I told the girl at the office I had already bought a replacement. They tell me that I have to drive out on my time and pick it up. I told them to tell the customer they can keep it. I was then told to go get it. Which I have not done since there is a brand new mini shop vac sitting in the back of the truck. So should I go or not?

if your shop is going to be a burr up your ring about it..then i would. If they are not i would forget about it and it soon will be used lovingly by your customer
    Thursday i left my house and shop keys at CVS because there stupid key fob discount thing..drove 30 min on my own time to get them back

I'd call the customer and talk it over with them. Surely, they'd agree to keep it.

I agree with Bobby Heavens I ask are you sure and then it would be mine. With a big thanks.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Home is Azle Texas, work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.
    If you replaced it with your $, It would appear that the company is being rather anal.
    If they paid to replace it, then they have a say -- don't know about telling someone to do it on their own time tho.
    Life as an adult is much like life in kindergarten - If I make it through the day without crying or hitting some one, then it was a good day!

Can the shop make you do that on your own time? My boss threatens keeps threatening us that if we forget to get the Mod and ser #s hes going to make us go out on our own time. If he he tells me to do anything on my own time for the company we will have an issue.

Legal No,

However, it can be an issues on your review, Yes even if you spent your own $$

Me I'd tell you if you and the customer are BOTH happy with you giving it to them out of your pocket then fine by me.

I left my yj brute manifold hanging on the back fence of a customers house after charging the ac. Had to go back the 50 miles the next morning a retrieve it.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Well customer dropped off the mini shop vac at the shop the other day. I was told to give the new one to one of the techs that did not have one and to take my older one back. I pulled the receipt out of my pocket and said when you pay for it he can have the old one.

They can't honnestly expect you to pay.

I think they think I fell off the cabbage truck. I told him when I get paid for it he can have the old one and grabbed the old one and have 2 on the truck.

I would understand say if you still have the recipe turn it in and well cut you a check. An give the old one to one of the guys.

this company sounds like there just out to get you and teach you a "lesson" couldnt you of just called the stinking customer yourself and told them to keep it or throw it away?
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast