+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camp Fretterd

Post Likes

Camp Fretterd

These are some pics I took at a MD National Guard base.We did 2 buildings,and some hack company did a third.Some pics dont do this justice,but the base Col came in and really liked the work.The tie ins were the craziest Ive ever done,nested fitings and 90 +degree elbows.Also some pics of the other companies work..funny part is I was laid off a few months later right before Christmas!

Post Likes
    Cool ductwork "transitions." What kind of equipment was installed? Is the ductwork lined?

Post Likes
    That's some nice clean sheet metal work, you don't see too much of that any more.
    Zach

Post Likes
    yeah the 5th and 7th pics are the other co s work.Not soundlined,and the ARNG supplied their own equipment,Ducane or Goodman I dont really remember..Me and this other guy did the job cause nobody else had a valid ID or a clean criminal record.That was a nice job

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bps916 View Post
    Me and this other guy did the job cause nobody else had a valid ID or a clean criminal record.That was a nice job
    Hey, looks like it's a good method to weed out good installers from the bad.

Post Likes
    Thats a good advantage to getting to do government jobs especially if they know you have a Govt. ID. It comes in handy at the end of the day to use the BX, commissary and class six store on your way out to home. I've been urging our company to bid more work on military facilities if they can.

Post Likes
    Looks nice! Good job!

What ga. is the metal?

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Post Likes
    Nice job man it is hard to get the duct work that tight to the ceiling. Big old ten foot sections to. i noticed you put turning viens in your radius 90's. we are told not to worry about that. Is there something I don,t know? Should I be doing this because we have not had any problems

Post Likes
    Yeah,all toggle bolts through a wire mesh/plaster ceiling.Kind of a pain in the butt.All 26 ga metal.I think its good to use turning vanes if you can,but really time consuming if you have to install them in the field.A friend of mine did a govt job,and instead of turning vanes he just shot screws in the duct to look like it.Well,he got caught and had to go back and put them all in when it was 100 times harder then he got fired!priceless

Post Likes
    In pic#3, the fire inspector/alarm installer is going to have fun trying to get to that old smoke detector.

Post Likes
    I know,I mentioned that to our contact guy and he said cover it up do what you have to do..never tell a duct guy that lol

Post Likes

vanes

Quote Originally Posted by crowemagnum View Post
    Nice job man it is hard to get the duct work that tight to the ceiling. Big old ten foot sections to. i noticed you put turning viens in your radius 90's. we are told not to worry about that. Is there something I don,t know? Should I be doing this because we have not had any problems
    Think of a race track and 5 cars wanting to make the turn at the sametime.They all want to use the same outside lane! When you use turn vanes everybody has a lane to turn in.
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in