What would be reasonable labor charges - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    No, I don't think so. But it was the last time, for about a week. Anyway, all is well now.

Time to junk that 30 year old unit.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

I feel embarrassed that these two idiots are in the business(please forgive any disrespect to any village idiots out there).

Matt, glad it all worked out for you...sorry you had such a experience!! I don't support DIY repairs for many reasons, safety being at top of list. Couldn't be any more unsafe than the guys working on your system not being able to properly repair it, and then suggesting that you get your own part and install it yourself. Have you EVER consider working in the HVAC trade??

Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    Why would such a good tech do that? (I did that once when I first started)
    Capacitors in series calculate the same as resistances in parallel, and the dielectric strength is increased.
    If You don't have time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?

"Perception is Reality" Look & Act like a Professional

Glad you got it figured out but I really would give some serious thought to replacing that unit before you leave for Iraq.

pretty cool looking truck Freezeking2000 where are you operating out of?
    "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential"

Winston Churchill

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tie Strap View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...I am tempted to buy a truck and start working for myself if I can't get anything else to pan out...Been looking around for a cargo style of van for myself, either way I need another vehicle anyway, as my current ride is way too old and rusty.

That is an aire serv van by the look of it....Do they operate in Canada? I

Quote Originally Posted by Tie Strap View Post
    I am operating out of Ct. I have been with Aire Serv for 2 years now.

From a personal perspective Aire Serv has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. I have systems and a plan to achieve my goals both personal and professional. You can contact me any time via the aire serv site, my zip code is 06418 and my contact information is there.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

They have any franchises in Ontario, Canada??

Hmm You should have known it was wiring problem

Classic case of wiring problem. As much as you seem to know by your posts. The next time if there is one cut them off and do not let them take your money for what they do not know.::

I am seriously considering replacing the unit this spring. I will probably only be in this house for another couple of years before the Army sends me somewhere else. I know pricing is a no go on this site and I am not asking for specifics but I would like to know roughly how much should I plan on spending and how long the job should take to complete. The house is about 2400 sqft with a finished basement. It gets reasonable shade in the summer. We are in northeast Kansas.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by va302stang View Post
    I am seriously considering replacing the unit this spring. I will probably only be in this house for another couple of years before the Army sends me somewhere else. I know pricing is a no go on this site and I am not asking for specifics but I would like to know roughly how much should I plan on spending and how long the job should take to complete. The house is about 2400 sqft with a finished basement. It gets reasonable shade in the summer. We are in northeast Kansas.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Should run you anywhere between $1 - $100,000
    Seriously though....no way to tell from here. Pricing is all different geographically.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast