Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ryan-

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    See post 4. Really not much more to say with regards to equipment differences. You'll need to make your decision based on other factors.

Not sure what the "that" is that you're referring to. If it's the coil, it is equipment and does make a difference. If it's the tax credit, then that was just a side note. If you qualify for the $1500 tax credit, why leave it?
    OK, gotcha on the "equipment difference" - you are saying that they are basically the same.

Neither of the 2 Carrier quotes broke out the model number of the coil. The Bryant quote included a CNPVP6024 coil.

I'm aware of the $1500 tax credit, and also the rebates of $1000 (Bryant) and $1250 (Carrier) available from March through June, and won't leave them on the table!

Thanks for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesk8752 View Post
    OK, gotcha on the "equipment difference" - you are saying that they are basically the same.

Neither of the 2 Carrier quotes broke out the model number of the coil. The Bryant quote included a CNPVP6024 coil.

I'm aware of the $1500 tax credit, and also the rebates of $1000 (Bryant) and $1250 (Carrier) available from March through June, and won't leave them on the table!

Thanks for your comments.
    Glad you're informed on those. Now for the coil, I know this is getting particular, but you want to see an "ATA" at the end of the coil. This means it's tin-plated and carries a 10-year warranty. Original "ACA" coils were more prone to leaking evidently, no good. Just something to keep in mind before you sign the lines. I know you're looking more at the big picture now.

The ONLY difference between Bryant and Carrier is the colour of the tag on the front!
    As others have mentioned, get the load calcs and energy usage figures to help make your decision on HP or straight AC. I like the Infinity air cleaner too. We've installed a few of these and they work very well.
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Bryant Hybrid Heat

Furnace whatever furnace it was
    Coil CNPVP
    Heat Pump 288A
    Evolution Control
    Perfect Air Purifier

cant beat that set up

I second the ATA tin coils. I know you're not in TX or FL, but still.

Carrier and Bryant are pretty much the same thing. Carrier would like you to think that the Carrier units are a millimeter ahead of the Bryant units, but when it comes to the Infinity and Evolution systems, either one would make you very happy.

Did they ever sort out the load calc? You really want to have that done...our techs went in behind other dealers who didn't do load calcs...wasn't pretty. Good business for us but bad for the homeowner....

Good luck! Please post pics of final result if you can

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12