Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Were any of those companies, the company that installed it?

If not.
    Call the installing company.
    No, the installing company is in another city at least an hour away, and based on the poor quality of their return plenum installation, I don't think I want to get them involved.

What ever the problem is have them back it up!!! If they think what the problem is what the say it is have them correct it with a guarantee. a true N.A.T.E. certified Tech should back up his diagnostics or at least qualify it ,or whats the point!
    NO Brains NO Headaches

I had one of my Doctor make a similar complaint about 3 techs. One was upfront with him and said a b or c. I gave him a quick insight to Themo, Pyscrom. the whole bite,

And ask him why do Doctors Say a b or c. Cancer been around longer then HVAC.

He said fair enough, then laughed and said all you Air Cond. guys think your God by the time your done with school and training.

I laughed and said, And your point is.

He's got a great sense of humor.

I sent a buddy to him. Air flow issue
    If you help others then you are a Success

Their service techs may be better then their installers.

Or atleast better then the techs you had out.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Hey, sorry u have this problem, i have 8 Nate Certs.
    Those above are correct some just pass the AC Nate & claim they're Nate certified. Actually the fail rate is about 50% for test takers. I passed in the 90s.
    I have Nate in Install & Service for AC, Heat Pumps, gas heat & air flow.
    It seems to me they didn't spend enough time diagnosing where the problem is really coming from.
    Sadly, many AC companies just put guys on the street to sell & sell. Often, they don't care too much about experience.
    I run my company with my son & it is unethical to run a company like that.
    For me it's not about the money. I have over 33 yrs experience and a nice pension thank you. I can't tell you how many times I've done free service for people I could tell were tapped out. I purposely carry used parts just to provide that free service.
    You see in my world, I believe God watches my every action & I promise you this, when I die, I'll stand tall in front of the Lord. I aint perfect but I strive to be in the eyes of God.
    Some of these other contractors really piss me off the way they rape folks, giving me a bad name in the process.

hmmmmmmmm okay NATE is good, but field experience and NATE is better. ask some neighbors who they use. NATE is not the end all, be all of a good technician. if you dont trust either tech then i suggest you find another co.

NATE doesn't mean a whole lot without experience. It's marketing more than anything. I would bet that most people with a fundamental understanding of hvac, with some intelligence and the ability to take a class, read, comprehend and pass a test could become NATE certified.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Does the vibration occur all the time in the heat mode? Or just sometimes? If it's after defrost you can change the defrost control to a soft shift model. This will bring on the condenser sooner to lowing head pressure before shifting the reversing valve. Also make sure your thermostat controls the reversing valve with system switch and does not shift the valve every time it shuts off.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    Because NATE doesn't prove sheit about a tech's abilities in the field.
    Amen to that, brother!
    To the OP....Nate cert means he can pass a test...whoopie do
    Would you rather have an engineer that can make it work on paper, or a tech that can make it work in your house?
    Nate means nothing....find somebody with EXPERIENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by AC Allstars View Post
    Hey, sorry u have this problem, i have 8 Nate Certs.
    Those above are correct some just pass the AC Nate & claim they're Nate certified. Actually the fail rate is about 50% for test takers. I passed in the 90s.
    I have Nate in Install & Service for AC, Heat Pumps, gas heat & air flow.
    It seems to me they didn't spend enough time diagnosing where the problem is really coming from.
    Sadly, many AC companies just put guys on the street to sell & sell. Often, they don't care too much about experience.
    I run my company with my son & it is unethical to run a company like that.
    For me it's not about the money. I have over 33 yrs experience and a nice pension thank you. I can't tell you how many times I've done free service for people I could tell were tapped out. I purposely carry used parts just to provide that free service.
    You see in my world, I believe God watches my every action & I promise you this, when I die, I'll stand tall in front of the Lord. I aint perfect but I strive to be in the eyes of God.
    Some of these other contractors really piss me off the way they rape folks, giving me a bad name in the process.
    What is your point? TOOT! TOOT! lol
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Get another opinion from a company you get the name from from word of mouth. Find a friend that has used someone they are happy with.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I'd call both companies back and express my concerns,speaking to the owner or service manager.

One or both might care enough to have a second look.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    I'd call both companies back and express my concerns,speaking to the owner or service manager.

One or both might care enough to have a second look.

Good point.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast