Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Unhappy disappointed in NATE techs

There are only 2 HVAC companies in my area that have NATE-certified techs, so I called them both out to see why my 2.5 ton, 5-year-old, 10 SEER Ruud heat pump is sending vibrations into the house via the line set. One tech says the compressor needs to be replaced. The other says no, the compressor is not the problem, it's the reversing valve. Why can't 2 highly qualified techs agree on a diagnosis?

Why do doctors give different opinions of the same symptoms?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Because NATE doesn't prove sheit about a tech's abilities in the field.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Nah, never mind to easy, I do at least like a challenge. here's an old hillbilly idea, is there only NATE tech company's available in your area? if not you might actually find someone with 35 years exp. that is not Nate certified, that might have a clue. I know the possibility seems impossible, but give it a try, you never know.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Why do doctors give different opinions of the same symptoms?
    Is that really a fair comparison? I mean, heat pumps were designed and built by man, but our bodies were designed and built by God.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    Because NATE doesn't prove sheit about a tech's abilities in the field.
    So what does prove sheit? How can I find someone who I can trust?

Quote Originally Posted by charles2 View Post
    There are only 2 HVAC companies in my area that have NATE-certified techs, so I called them both out to see why my 2.5 ton, 5-year-old, 10 SEER Ruud heat pump is sending vibrations into the house via the line set. One tech says the compressor needs to be replaced. The other says no, the compressor is not the problem, it's the reversing valve. Why can't 2 highly qualified techs agree on a diagnosis?
    Just because a company says there NATE certified, doesn't mean all the techs are NATE certified.

Just because a tech is NATE certified, doesn't mean they are NATE certified with heat pumps.

Just because 2 techs are certified, doesn't mean they are going to agree a solution.

With that said, I just had two lincensed engineers out to a job sight, to look at a boiler. And guess what they had two totally different solutions to the problem.

Why don't you elaborate on your issue, and maybe some one can point ya in the right direction.

PS-I'm all for NATE certification, but to be certified you only need one. There are 21.

How can I find someone who I can trust?
    Do you have an old Faithful?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Is that really a fair comparison? I mean, heat pumps were designed and built by man, but our bodies were designed and built by God.

So what does prove sheit? How can I find someone who I can trust?
    Heat pumps cant tell us where it hurts and they don't tell me if its feeling better when I give it medicine. The only ones that talk to me just tell me dirty jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Do you have an old Faithful?
    I think it's ludicrous to suggest that a company can be trusted just because they are listed in the yellow pages. :-(

Were any of those companies, the company that installed it?

If not.
    Call the installing company.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I think it's ludicrous to suggest that a company can be trusted just because they are listed in the yellow pages. :-(
    He means that you can shop for a dealer.

He didn't indicate that a phone book ad equated to someone that is trustworthy.

Sheesh.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I have a team of Doctor Highly skill and recognized in their Field that look at the same test and sometimes and tell me different results.

And most customer don't want to hear it could be a b or c I can't say for sure (even thought thats the truth) this a good ex of that.

Trust me I've leaned to expected that from Doctors. a b or c.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    I have a team of Doctor Highly skill and recognized in their Field that look at the same test and sometimes and tell me different results.

And most customer don't want to hear it could be a b or c I can't say for sure (even thought thats the truth) this a good ex of that.

Trust me I've leaned to expected that from Doctors. a b or c.
    Good point, Its usually A,B or C and we'll try this and if that doesn't work we'll try something else.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast