Question 1990 Trane XE 1000 Need Tech Info

I have a Trane XE 1000 Model # TTR7368100A0, The ref line coming out of the compressor is covered in ice all the way into the outside wall. Also the fan inside the house is only running on low speed. Moved into house three years ago and have a home warranty company... not happy with their service since this has happend three years in a row.

Service tech's have added freon each time. Last year the tech said the fan was wired backwards, he rewired and it worked at a higher speed until we started it yesterday. Now it barely puts out air and won't draw as it use to. Is there anywhere I can find tech info on this model?
    I have checked the model number twice and it does not match anything I have found so far.
    Tim

Sorry. This is not a DIY site. So we don't provide technical info, or sources to that info to home owners.

Your plight of less then stellar service from a home warranty company, is not new to us.

They tend to use the lowest priced companies they can find. And more often then not. Those are the companies that seldom if ever, send their techs to training courses, or seminars.
    To help them provide better service.

You may be better off finding a company yourself. One that will find the leak, and correct your blower trouble.

Please read Site Rules Thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Not into DIY just trying to sort out the BS from truth.

Sorry that you mistook my question as a DIY. Not my intention...

I did read the site rules... though the site would allow onwers/people to help sort out the BS from poor service techs by educating the consumers as well. There seem to be a lot of similar questions from owners of homes and buildings.

You know... It occurs to me that an site that allows over hundreds of posts in resoinse to someone owning a 9mm gun would be a little off target as well... but it is your site and I won't bother to ask stupid questions.

Your unit is almost 20 years old!

Quit band aiding the thing and replace it!

There are many Spring promotions starting in March and also a 30% up to $1500 tax credit available for qualifying equipment.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

The advise to stop using a home warranty company, is good advise.
    It should be leak checked.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by TRSPLACE View Post
    Sorry that you mistook my question as a DIY. Not my intention...

I did read the site rules... though the site would allow onwers/people to help sort out the BS from poor service techs by educating the consumers as well. There seem to be a lot of similar questions from owners of homes and buildings.

You know... It occurs to me that an site that allows over hundreds of posts in resoinse to someone owning a 9mm gun would be a little off target as well... but it is your site and I won't bother to ask stupid questions.
    You asked for advice and were given it. There is nothing in a manual that is going to direct you to the problem. Even if there was, there is very little if anything that you could do about it without any specialty tools, refrigerant or parts you would need to fix it. Your problem could be caused by a number of things that nobody on here can fix without being there and looking at the entire picture. The advice is to call somebody trained in hvac to evaluate your problem, give you options and then either fix it or not. If you do want a manual, I believe it is called Modern Refrigeration. It is about 1000 pages, you can purchase it at most bookstores that carry textbooks and should retail at around $100.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

call a hvac company with a good reputation to replace the system and get a 10 yr parts and labor warranty and then do not let the home warranty company touch it. one thing to remember with the home warranty company is you will only get the cheapest equipment and the cheapest install and your utility bill and indoor comfort will reflect it. go for the good stuff like a Trane XL system