Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Post Likes
    Hi, I'm green as grass to this trade! (Ontario, Mississauga)
    When installing residential a/c unit, do you need a dedicated license for the installation? (like Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mech; licenses given by the ministry by completing the apprenticeship program)

    I always thought that having Gas 2 and ODP was sufficient enough.
    Thanks in advance for looking and answering!


    Hi, just opening up another thread here for similar question I posted somewhere else.

    Just want to make sure if G.2. and ODP card is sufficient enough for a person to install a residential AC unit (compressor+condensing unit, piping etc).
    Or, do you have to be a Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic to do such work? From what I remember from G.2 course, g2 tech can touch the gas side of the ac. That wasn't clear enough.

    thanks for reading, and answering the quetion in advance.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-28-2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Same basic question, different titles

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Post Likes
    Read Site Rules , before continuing to post.
    Contractor locator map


    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Post Likes
    Nope.You need 313d and ODP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.