Yes, my customer had an electrician wire the basement and somehow connect 110 volts to the switch wire (18/2). "It was only on for 2 seconds," the electrician says. The guy assures my customer that everything would be fine but he must have known it would have cooked something. So the valve was fried and it blew a hole through the top of the t-pile. The bill was $644 and my customer was furious (not with me). It is yet another example of why people shouldn't touch gas fireplaces unless they are qualified to do so.