Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Testo 510 Digital Monometer

Im in the market for a digital manometer, Does any one have any recommendations? I was looking at the Testo 510. I just want something to test static pressure and gas pressure so i really dont need anything fancy.

http://www.climatedoctors.com/items/...?itemid=395726

The 510 works fine for me.

how does it get the flow velocity? All the anemometers Ive seen have some kind of blade or scoop to read velocity.

It requires a pitot tube to measure air velocity and it does so directly in FPM. FPM x Ft2 is CFM. TruTech Tools has a kit with the pitot and the other air side measurement devices that allows you to get the most form the 510.

http://www.trutechtools.com/cart/ind...roducts_id=248
    JLB,

I love my 510. Just switched from the old magnahelics 3 monthes ago.

Wish I had switched along time ago.

Still use the same pilot tubes and gas connections I used with the Dwyers.

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    It requires a pitot tube to measure air velocity and it does so directly in FPM. FPM x Ft2 is CFM. TruTech Tools has a kit with the pitot and the other air side measurement devices that allows you to get the most form the 510.

http://www.trutechtools.com/cart/ind...roducts_id=248
    I just ordered one from climatadoct for $170.00 thats incl shipping. Trutechs a $100 more.

Thanks for the info.

For $170 all you are getting in the manometer.
    The kit I referenced contains the following.

Testo 510 with top-safe and belt pouch
    1) 18" pitot tube with air density correction calculator
    2) magnetic static pressure tips
    2) barbed tees for pressure switch testing
    1) 1/8 mpt x barbed fitting for fuel pressure
    10' high quality silicone tubing

I believe the 510 alone is less expensive if you look.
    JLB,

For $170 all you are getting in the manometer.
    The kit I referenced contains the following. I believe the 510 alone is less expensive if you look.

Testo 510 with top-safe and belt pouch
    1) 18" pitot tube with air density correction calculator
    2) magnetic static pressure tips
    2) barbed tees for pressure switch testing
    1) 1/8 mpt x barbed fitting for fuel pressure
    10' high quality silicone tubing
    I noticed that after I posted, But I already have all the other stuff.

u have a testo part number for the extra stuff? i don't want to cannibalize my other set up to use on the 510. ugg..this sight has cost me $$$ with the Vetro bag then the Makita 10.5 v and now a manometer that does the job properly

No part number, however you just get the air side performance kit and a pitot tube. They are both on the site under airflow.
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    u have a testo part number for the extra stuff? i don't want to cannibalize my other set up to use on the 510. ugg..this sight has cost me $$$ with the Vetro bag then the Makita 10.5 v and now a manometer that does the job properly
    You can get the pitot tube from Dwyer for about $50 and the other accessories.

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/P...eName=Ordering

You will really like the 510. It is slick because you can do a timed traverse when performing that airflow measurement instead of the point by point method. Timed mean averages is the preferred method of measuring airflow in a turbulent air stream (like all residential systems ASHREA) You can drill two holes in the narrow side of the duct, (for example an 8-20) point the pitot in the direction of airflow and withdraw it slowly. As you pull it out it will average the airflow. Record the average FPM in each hole and multiply by the ft2 to get CFM. Takes about 3-5 minutes from start to finish. Remember to divide the inches squared by 144 to get ft2 and you are in good shape. Also if you want highly accurate measurement do not forget to factor in thet air density which is easily adjustable in the 510. Standard air is .075 lbs/ft3
    JLB,

You will really like the 510. It is slick because you can do a timed traverse when performing that airflow measurement instead of the point by point method. Timed mean averages is the preferred method of measuring airflow in a turbulent air stream (like all residential systems ASHREA) You can drill two holes in the narrow side of the duct, (for example an 8-20) point the pitot in the direction of airflow and withdraw it slowly. As you pull it out it will average the airflow. Record the average FPM in each hole and multiply by the ft2 to get CFM. Takes about 3-5 minutes from start to finish. Remember to divide the inches squared by 144 to get ft2 and you are in good shape. Also if you want highly accurate measurement do not forget to factor in thet air density which is easily adjustable in the 510. Standard air is .075 lbs/ft3
    I cant wait, next week when I talk to a customer about their airflow issues,CFM, Velocity and static pressure. I'm sure the blank stare on their faces will be even more special.

Where the cheapist place to pick up a Testo 318v? Thats my next toy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast