Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    after further reveiw, the man is originally from Howell

LOL............but you need to remember, there are at least 7 members here that are from Howell...........

As my 12 yr old girl woud say "OMG wut R U Thinkn" That was almost stupid enough to be a hoax.Sad thing about it is that you know that it is not.
    Local 234
    Have Gauge$ Will Travel

This guy gave himself the title of Dr, or bought a degree mill diploma. He is a maintenance guy at a school with NO FORMAL HVAC TRAINING. He is trying to act like a tech, and is the worst type of DIYer!!! He has been discussed in the Pro forums, and this guy doesn't even understand basic refrigeration concepts. A HACK WITH A CAMERA!!!!!! Homeowners beware!
    Last edited by james80031; 03-07-2009 at 01:52 PM.

You guys just don't like anyone who's willing to give free information. Too insecure I guess.

Vacuuming a $1 fiberglass filter is really cheap though.

...with NO FORMAL HVAC TRAINING
    Can you substanciate that claim?

School boards may hire their own real HVAC techs to cover larger districts.
    Last edited by amd; 03-09-2009 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Spelling error.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    School boards may higher their own real HVAC techs............
    Wow, do they pay in drugs? I think I'd rather be "hired".
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

You guys just don't like anyone who's willing to give free information. Too insecure I guess.

Vacuuming a $1 fiberglass filter is really cheap though.

Can you substanciate that claim?

School boards may higher their own real HVAC techs to cover larger districts.
    Quote Originally Posted by icehouse View Post
    Most of his information leaves a lot to be desired. Example in his expansion valve video he explains that refrigerant leaves the condenser as a low temperature, low pressure liquid. He further states that refrigerant leaves the evaporator as "high" temperature.
    His video on hard start kits he states that a 3 n 1 is a run capacitor, when in actuality it is a start capacitor.
    His video of replacing a defrost heater on a GE domestic refrigerator and he has his hands touching the glass tube. GE warns that you should not touch the glass tube with your hands as the oil from your body will cause it to short.
    I think this should explain my statement.
    The points brought up by icehouse are things that you learn in the first couple months of HVAC school........ or is his head full of refrigeration information from his "Doctorate" that he forgot all the bsimple basics? Ever watch him try to braze with acetylene? Welcome back roboteq you rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    The points brought up by icehouse are things that you learn in the first couple months of HVAC school........ or is his head full of refrigeration information from his "Doctorate" that he forgot all the bsimple basics? Ever watch him try to braze with acetylene? Welcome back roboteq you rebel.
    Good to be back. I've coated my body with vaseline so I will be a lot harder to catch from now on.

OK, you can stop thinking about me all covered in vaseline now

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Good to be back. I've coated my body with vaseline so I will be a lot harder to catch from now on.

OK, you can stop thinking about me all covered in vaseline now
    LOL. I think I just gaged a little. Did you just watch Striptease with Burt Reynolds or something?

Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    LOL. I think I just gaged a little. Did you just watch Striptease with Burt Reynolds or something?
    Nope, never saw that one. If it has anything to do with Burt Reynolds covering his body with vaseline, I think I'll pass.

Yeah, but Demi Moore........

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Wow, do they pay in drugs? I think I'd rather be "hired".
    Corrected.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

being insecure is not the reason;

i guess you missed the news bulletin on how DIY'ers can get hurt, even killed messing with things that are not totally understood

As someone who has gone behind many DIY catastrophies as a contractor and also been a rep for several brands of equipment, I can tell you that my main concern with HVAC DIY is that equipment is too often blamed for what is really the DIYers wrong doing either in application of, installation of, repair of or maintenance of their HVAC equipment.

A qualified HVAC contractor can save a HO a lot of money in energy savings as well as a longer lasting HVAC system. Every time I DIY something on one of my vehicles it winds up costing me more in the long run.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast