Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane tech support

Got a surprise today. I have not had to call Trane tech support in a long time. Today my boss told me to call them up about some tech info. First thing they sayed was they now charge $50 for the first half hour to talk to them. Second i should leave my company name and info along with phone number and the support tech will get back with me when HE is available. How new is this? Is Train the only ones poking me in the eye? We usually order 10-20 rooftop units a year from them, but we are not exclusively train..we may put other brands up depending upon the situation.

At least they didnt ask for the address and contact information of where the equipment is installed.

Its the first I've ever heard about that. I do love the we'll call you back when we have time and then they call and you left the site and the first question is read a random number from a unit oh your not there well call back when you can get back. but but ...click.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

They haven't been doing that in the Kentucky-Tennessee DSO.

It doesn't surprise me.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

must be something they're doing to non dealers

actually around here, if your not a dealer, they just don't talk to you. thier first question is "how did you get this number" lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

You actually got through to them on the phone?
    We have to call number after number and it takes hours to reach them.
    Never had them try to charge us but we give the serial number and they know exactly what the unit is and where it is set.

guess it helps to be on a first name bases with Trane Parts store. I call them and they patch me threw..but this time i was told it would cost me. We dont want to get trapped into being an exclusive trane dealer. We have added installing AAON to our wide range of equipment brands

and I thought getting through to Carrier was tough. We now have PIN numbers with our dealer id... first line is basic... did you try to turn thermostat up? correct mode etc... but i dont think they have been charging us!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

yellowirenut

What part of Indiana are you in?
    I dont always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

I haven't heard of this. Trane is tough to crack though. It helps to know the guys behind the counter at Service First. If you know a couple of techs that run with Trane, that is even better.
    Usually, I'll trade my Carrier info for their Trane lit., since we all bump into the same equipment brands. I agree, what is the BF secret?
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by 1972torino View Post
    What part of Indiana are you in?
    north east Indiana

lol

no secret, they just want thier dealers to be the one's that work on thier equipment

kinda why you have to be a dealer to by resi equipment at a reseanable cost.

i think it depends on if you're looking resi tech support or commercial tech support too
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    lol

no secret, they just want thier dealers to be the one's that work on thier equipment

kinda why you have to be a dealer to by resi equipment at a reseanable cost.

i think it depends on if you're looking resi tech support or commercial tech support too
    That's the thing its for commercial..and i truly do not know any company that does ONLY train commercial products. U are putting yourself into a corner if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    That's the thing its for commercial..and i truly do not know any company that does ONLY train commercial products. U are putting yourself into a corner if you do.
    That is because, in commercial, Trane wants to sell them and service them. You are a competitor to their service shop, yet you are a customer when you buy and install their equipment. Messed up, ain't it? Get to know some of those commercial guys at Trane and trade info as I stated earlier. One hand washes the other.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast