York Control System

Okay folks,

I have a building that I am looking at that has a York control system (circa 1999).

There are new people taking over the building and all I was able to find was the main supervisory controller, the front end and the UDC's on the package units. There are VAV's all over the building and they will be relocating these and would like to reuse them if possible.

Is there anything we can do with this system? BACnet or some other interface? Can we get into the controllers via the front end for air balancing?

What are our options?

York System Information

Do you have any pictures of the controls?

Is it a York FAX4000 or something along those lines?

I will give you a call tomorow, have been extremely busy taking care of wife.

Pat
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Pics would be good, in my neck of the woods York building controls were really rare;and I assume that was the case most everywhere.
    GO DAWGS!

Before you do anything with the front end pc navigate to the c:\fm folder (or search for fm and make a complete backup of EVERYTHING. Save this to memory stick or other in case it all goes wrong. Also you'll need the installation disk. In the back of the PC will be a hardware Dongle probably in the parallel port of the pc if it's 1999. Don't loose this either.

When you logon to the facility manager (and enter the password) do you see all the icons, one will say configuration backup. from here you can download all the configuration software from each unit, thats a good start.

You can also see the units on the different networks using the network icon. If you're lucky they'll all be on the same network "network 0" but you may have sub networks, these could be any number from 1-99.

You should be able to move units around in the building, but you will have to disconnect the network cables from each unit in the system and run new cabling to the new positions.

The network should be a 2 wire loop in loop out style

Best really to get a York engineer in....good luck from the UK!

There are no more "York Engineers" last time I checked York a.k.a. JCI was flying in an AE from out of state to try and hang on to some of their prime accounts. UK huh? is that you Mr. Denham?
    Last edited by zeke; 03-20-2009 at 01:41 AM.
    Zeke-

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    There are no more "York Engineers" last time I checked York a.k.a. JCI was flying in an AE from out of state to try and hang on to some of their prime accounts. UK huh/ is that you Mr. Denham?
    It is better to be short of cash than to be short of character. A poor man can be happy, but a happy man isn't poor.
    Zeke-

Yes you/they have lots of option!!!!!!!

benich,

I don't understand you answer?

JCI bought York 2005 they have 10 obligation to ISN product for 10 year peroid IMHO I would just tear it out. JCI would love to install there crap.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !