Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Luxaire w/ 2 zones

I've been out of residential for a long while. I'm currently planning a job for a 2 story house in northern NJ. 700sq ft on both the 1st and 2nd floors. The home owner ripped out the boiler and all of the piping throughout the house because he was determined to have a furnace put in.

I'm planning on using a Luxaire AL8B048F1 condensing unit w/ a LP9C120D20MP11 mod furnace. The system will be zoned w/ 2 zones of equal size.

1. Is this condensing unit a 2spd?

2. What is the btu capacity of the compressor in low spd? Is it half of the total capacity?

3. What damper system do you recommend?

4. Does Coleman make an equivelant system?

I decided on the mod furnace so I didn't have to run a bypass damper. Im not a fan of recirculating conditioned air back into the furnace w/ the possibility of it going off on limit or freezing the coil.

Any feed back would be appreciated

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by heeltoe View Post
    I've been out of residential for a long while. I'm currently planning a job for a 2 story house in northern NJ. 700sq ft on both the 1st and 2nd floors. The home owner ripped out the boiler and all of the piping throughout the house because he was determined to have a furnace put in.

I'm planning on using a Luxaire AL8B048F1 condensing unit w/ a LP9C120D20MP11 mod furnace. The system will be zoned w/ 2 zones of equal size.

Do a load calc. 4 tons of cooling, and 120,000 BTUs of heat for 1400 sq ft???? Must have 40 foot high ceilings.

1. Is this condensing unit a 2spd?

Yes.

2. What is the btu capacity of the compressor in low spd? Is it half of the total capacity?

Compressor capacity is 67% in first stage, system capacity is 70%+ in first stage.

3. What damper system do you recommend?

Honeywell, with the Honeywell Evirozone panel

4. Does Coleman make an equivelant system?

Yep

I decided on the mod furnace so I didn't have to run a bypass damper. Im not a fan of recirculating conditioned air back into the furnace w/ the possibility of it going off on limit or freezing the coil.

Still going to need a bypass damper.

Any feed back would be appreciated

Ray
    Get a contractor to do this job for you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12