Q. for Owners: Time Passed Since Driving Violations

well, just wondering what the insurance companies and the owners say about moving violations, DUI, etc. that happened a long time ago. Is there a formula or something for "years of good behavior" that wipe the slate clean or do the black marks besmirch a guy into perpetuity?

(Of course this is an abstact or general question, not that I personally have ever done anything retarded...)

Usually 3 years on a vehicular homicide or a dui. Anything in the past 2 years may be a disadvantage, depends on the employer and their insurance company..
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    Usually 3 years on a vehicular homicide or a dui. Anything in the past 2 years may be a disadvantage, depends on the employer and their insurance company..
    Vehicular homocide? I work for a State Government Corporation, I don't think they'd ever hire you. DUI, I thinking that's six years, if hired at all. Speeding with another charge, 3 years. IE speeding in a school zone or construction zone ,running a stop sign , etc.
    They recently wouldn't hire someone till he paid his out standing parking tickets, in DC. When I saw their rules I thought it was while driving their vehicle, but applied to your personal driving record.