Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

York/Honeywell

The Honeywell 8000 is a good stat. I have one, and love it. I have heard that York/Coleman control boards with hwell 8000 stats have had some communication issues, but only with gas furnaces. I think beenthere is right... you have control wiring issues. The 8000 stat is 3 heat/2 cool, and should handle your system fine. The control board in your heat pump has sensors as well that are part of the decision making process. If you are going straight to second stage and short cycling, as you describe, there is obviously a problem with controls. Your equipment should run quietly at low speed as long as your stat is programmed... including the installer's program... properly and you aren't jacking it around. If the thermostat installers program isn't right, or the wiring isn't right, it's not going to work properly.

It can be set for an enhanced mode.

But, at its normal operation at mild temps. It should use a slower speed for first stage weather or not the enhanced mode is enabled.

York calls it hot heat pump mode.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The honeywell 8000 stat can be set up for dual fuel as well, making additional controls unnecessary. Again... installers program

Fibersport, have your technician call york factory service while he/she is there and have them check all low voltage wiring and set up of system.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    It can be set for an enhanced mode.

But, at its normal operation at mild temps. It should use a slower speed for first stage weather or not the enhanced mode is enabled.

York calls it hot heat pump mode.
    Right..... enhanced for first stage and enhanced for second. 2 Different blowers settings? (of course 2 different enhanced speedsbased on the y1 or y2 input). Correct?
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman88 View Post
    The honeywell 8000 stat can be set up for dual fuel as well, making additional controls unnecessary. Again... installers program
    This is true.

Not to get off topic. But, with the Affinity, you are often times better off using its defrost board for dual fuel control.
    It will bring on the furnace 45 seconds before starting defrost cycle, so no cool draft during defrost.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    Right..... enhanced for first stage and enhanced for second. 2 Different blowers settings? (of course 2 different enhanced speedsbased on the y1 or y2 input). Correct?
    Actually, it only really effects second stage operation.
    Contractor locator map

too bad the Yorks dont last to long around here. Although I had a service rep at Virginia Air tell me York was changing their indoor coils. Their old ones leaked looking at them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    too bad the Yorks dont last to long around here. Although I had a service rep at Virginia Air tell me York was changing their indoor coils. Their old ones leaked looking at them!
    That goes way back, and then just during some of the early coil switch over to 13 SEERs.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    That goes way back, and then just during some of the early coil switch over to 13 SEERs.
    I'm just glad we dont work on to many of them here (and we dont sell them). The heat pumps seem ok (other than the bells and whistle lock outs like Lennox) but at least the HP's last. All that use accumulators have problems with corrosion.

Ain't suppose to be submerging them is saltwater. They're not submarines.
    Contractor locator map

For those who are still with me here are the latest numbers, forgive me if they are in degree C, If I convert I may mess the numbers up.

My first stage is fine and drawing 14.5-16 Amp at -6 degrees C.

Indoor unit (fan is drawing 3.2 AMPS, ) I have no idea what speed maybe someone could tell me if that sounds right. And it does ramp up after 30 seconds of running at about 20% it feels like...

Maybe this system is fine and I'm the real problem, anyway the house total seems to be drawing about 100-120 KWH a day (24 hours) Seems a little high to me..
    Average -6c to -10c day.

I'm not sure how you guys work out heat rise, but I have 19 degree air on the return and 27-33 degrees C at the vents...(Dam Canadians with their Metric)..

My question is this: if you had a 4200 SQ foot house with a 3.5 ton, would it run all the time, be almost silent ( less air moving)and still be efficient? ( My friend has this), compared to my 5 ton cranking up 2-3 times and hour for 10 mins at a time.( I have this). Which seems to be less efficient... And mine never runs when the sun shines.

Electric back-up only...

Thanks.

Ask your contractor what CPH he has the thermostat set for.
    CPH=cycles per hour.

Your system could be over sized, which will tend to use more electric then a proper sized system.

Your getting 14 to 25F temp difference at the registers. When its between 14 to 21F outside.
    That unit should have a 15 across the coil at 17F(*8C) outdoor temp, at a CFM of 1950.

What size aux heat package did they install, 15, or 20 KW?

Ask them for the load calc for your house.

You can also do your own, if they can't seem to find your anymore.

Click Here

It shouldn't be cycling 3 times an hour at those temps.
    Contractor locator map

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast