typical hi RH-winter, here - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I said calculate it, because if you only keep records of WB and RH, you can use them to know what it was in those years that you didn‘t track DB..

I don’t believe there is one set range of RH for everyone.

If in the heating season, you wake up in the morning, and your throat is dry and scratchy. Your RH is too low for you. And that is unhealthy.

Same way, if you wake up and your sweating, its to high, or the temp is too high for the RH.

If you set your humidistat at a setting that both keeps the dust down, and your throat from drying out. Plus your not condensing or frosting up your windows. That’s the RH that is probably best for you, and your home.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by cem-bsee View Post
    read about vapor barriers at BUILDINGSCIENCE.com

so, I did not carefully note my dry bulb, I focused on the wet bulb & RH%.

nevertheless, every thing I have heard or read from the health 'experts' is that RH% should be kept between 35 & 55%.
    No body stated that it was dependent upon temperature.
    so, maybe my bdrm @ 57F does not have much moisture per cubic ft, but it is still on the high side [60+ percent], especially during the early morning --
    Here is what we are all tring to tell you. You need a little some of that 23F, 95%RH air in your to get you bedroom below 50%RH. When home have high %RH during cold weather, they are not getting enough fresh air to remove the moisture generated by the occupants. You need an air change every 4-5 hours to pruge the indoor pollutants. That would make your home dry when the outside dew point is below 32^F, 100%RH.
    Its about the water content of the outside air. A plastic bag of 32^F100%RH, 32^F dew point warmed upto 57^F is 40%RH.
    You are not getting enough fresh air into your home remove the moisture. A couple in a +2000 sqft. home will with an air change every 5-6 hours will be a little on the dry side, <35%RH with a 23^F outdoor dew point. Generally, homes that are getting enough fresh air during cold weather are dry. You know the rest of the story. Homes that are getting enough fresh during wet high dew point weather are wet, unless they have 30-70 lbs. of moistue removed per day (a/c or dehumidifier). During 65^F outdoor dew points, a properly venitlated home needs +30lbs. of dehumidification per day. Regards TB
    Last edited by teddy bear; 03-10-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: missing words
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12