Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goodman ROCKS

I started installing Goodman equipment when they improved their equipment 5 or 6 years ago. Haven’t had problems with any of them.

I recommend other brands to homeowners because nothing Goodman makes compares to high end Carrier, Lennox, Trane/ AS, etc. equipment. But if the homeowner just can’t afford top of the line equipment then I recommend Goodman.

This way the homeowner gets a higher quality product from Goodman than what they’d get for the same price from Carrier, Lennox, Trane/ AS, etc. For example they can upgrade to variable speed with Goodman rather then getting a Lennox multi-speed blower at the same price.

And as far as Goodman selling to everybody I think it’s great. I’m really starting to see a lot of 1-4 year old Goodman equipment installed by homeowners and hacks. Usually needs several repairs making it the most profitable service call of the day.

pay me now, or pay me later.

goodman rocks............ a cinder block works too though.
    i was born under a wandrin star.

the mysterious mjbxx

Quote Originally Posted by mjbxx View Post
    3 year old Goodman 5 ton heat pump with variable speed blower and it has run without fault. I've read some bad postings about Goodman products. They get a fairly bad rap for performance issues but many are not warranted. It all comes down to the expertise and competence of the HVAC professional. I know of a friend who dolled out much more for a comparable Trane heat pump and has nothing but problems.
    Well, being that you posted this thread, and didn't have much to say after that: maybe Roboteq will take up the mantle of Goodman Defender for you when he gets back.

"...Data are based on more than 22,000 READER responses"

Consumer report is based on a targeted pool of respondents, like FoxNews polls. I have no more faith in them than I have in a UL stamp on a carbon monoxide monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by fenian View Post
    "...Data are based on more than 22,000 READER responses"

Consumer report is based on a targeted pool of respondents, like FoxNews polls. I have no more faith in them than I have in a UL stamp on a carbon monoxide monitor.
    I'm with you, a canary in a cage is way better.

Ha!

Try telling my customer last Friday Goodman rock.

Lost board with in six months of install and replaced ignitor last Friday. Unit is four and a half years old. She's pissed.

But I guess we installed it wrong because Goodman's don't fail unless installed wrong.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Ha!

But I guess we installed it wrong because Goodman's don't fail unless installed wrong.

OUCH! That goes against the thinking of a good install makes the diference between brand failures. Arent all brands, comparable models, close to being equal in reliability?

Question: What is the difference in quality betwen manufactures? I mean some of the same parts are being used in different brands, Copeland comes to mind. I know most of those controller boards, and other electronic boards are not made in the US. What is? I guess these things are assembled in the US.

What makes a Trane, AS, etc, better than Goodman?

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Ha!

Try telling my customer last Friday Goodman rock.

Lost board with in six months of install and replaced ignitor last Friday. Unit is four and a half years old. She's pissed.
    Now name a brand that has never had a board go out in less then 6 months, or motor go out in less then 5 years.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Now name a brand that has never had a board go out in less then 6 months, or motor go out in less then 5 years.

Mr. Bill says don't hold your breath waiting for an answer, well a logical one at least.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    My mom's Round Oak stove hasn't needed any thing replaced and it is 110 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    My mom's Round Oak stove hasn't needed any thing replaced and it is 110 years old.
    Touche. LOL
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

90% of the systems we put in are Trane, Mainly the XL brand. But Goodman / Amana put out a good value product. If a customer can not afford a Trane i tell them to go with the goodman. Get a 10 year labor warranty and for the price you cant really go wrong. Who is gonna want a 13 seer in there house in 10 years anyway.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast