Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goodman ROCKS

We just need to ban the words Goodman, Amana and Janitrol from the site. All brands are junk, that is why we have jobs to feed our families. I don't repair much Goodman, because we don't sell them. I repair more Carrier/Bryant because we sell them. I will say we sell a fair amount of Trane higher end stuff and I do very few repairs on them. But somebody else might sell a lot of lower end stuff and do a lot of repairs.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by clintkennon View Post
    Does that mean an Armstrong and a lennox are the exact same machine.

No because Armstrong does not show any repair percentage they don't break! and lennox shows 16%.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Armstrong isn't a relabeled Lennox.

But, Amana Distinctions, is a relabeled Goodman.

Just look at the model number of a Distinctions.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Armstrong isn't a relabeled Lennox.

But, Amana Distinctions, is a relabeled Goodman.

Just look at the model number of a Distinctions.
    I cant argue the point your making because I dont know the dynamics behind the Amana/Goodman relationship. But it seams to me Amana and Goodman are not that close in similarities.
    If it makes you feel better I will say I love Goodman and they never breakdown.

If it makes you feel better I will say I love Goodman and they never breakdown.
    That will make Coolwhip feel better.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I cant argue the point your making,because I dont know the dynamics behind the Amana/Goodman relationship. But it seams to me Amana and Goodman are not that close in similarities.
    Look at an Amana.

If its model number starts with an "A", its a true Amana.
    If it begins with a "G" its a relabeled Goodman.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    We just need to ban the words Goodman, Amana and Janitrol from the site. All brands are junk, that is why we have jobs to feed our families. I don't repair much Goodman, because we don't sell them. I repair more Carrier/Bryant because we sell them. I will say we sell a fair amount of Trane higher end stuff and I do very few repairs on them. But somebody else might sell a lot of lower end stuff and do a lot of repairs.
    HEY!

dogoodman

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    LOL.. They'e not my Favorite brand.
    What is your favorite brand? Rheem/Ruud?

Currently, York/Luxaire.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    What is your favorite brand? Rheem/Ruud?

My favorite brand is any of them that break.

I am not a big Goodman fan, but one of the reasons for their high failure rate is that they are easly purchased by nonprofessionals. I've never shown up at a residence where the homeowner says,"I internet ordered this Trane unit and installed it myself." I have had several Goodman calls that start that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by james80031 View Post
    I've never shown up at a residence where the homeowner says,"I internet ordered this Trane unit and installed it myself."
    Maybe not on the Net, but come to Houston I can take you right to an appliance store "Mom and Pop" that can and will sell you any Trane you want even the top of the line one, or for that matter any Mfg. unit you want even there top of the line. I even ask the owner how do you do this, he told me "exactly this" Bill it's not what you know, it's who you know, and he will tell you that also.
    I know other a/c companies that have paid his markup just to get the equipment he sells for one time jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Maybe not on the Net, but come to Houston I can take you right to an appliance store "Mom and Pop" that can and will sell you any Trane you want even the top of the line one, or for that matter any Mfg. unit you want even there top of the line. I even ask the owner how do you do this, he told me "exactly this" Bill it's not what you know, it's who you know, and he will tell you that also.
    I know other a/c companies that have paid his markup just to get the equipment he sells for one time jobs.
    I'm sure other brands get sold to the general public, but only the people that are in close proximity and know that a "mom & pop" will sell to them make a small percentage of folks. The internet and UPS are accessible to everybody. Thats why we made a website, to try to attract those net surfers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast