Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goodman ROCKS

Goodman ROCKS

3 year old Goodman 5 ton heat pump with variable speed blower and it has run without fault. I've read some bad postings about Goodman products. They get a fairly bad rap for performance issues but many are not warranted. It all comes down to the expertise and competence of the HVAC professional. I know of a friend who dolled out much more for a comparable Trane heat pump and has nothing but problems.

Hmm

i would tend to agree been installing goodman/amana for last couple yearsonly real prob iv had was with combustion motors on rtu

it's SUPPOSED to be problem free in the first few years.

the fact that you think you need to post this speaks volumes about Gooman.

you got lucky..even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

post some pics of your system and we'll tell you what kind of install you got.

You're one of many who have not had problems with a new installation (Goodman or other brands) in the first few years. This is a good thing. A post like this suggests you were expecting problems in the first few years. So I wouldn't say it rocks just yet. I would give it at least 10 years.

I've seen good and bad, and I guess that goes for every brand. Neighbor with a fairly new GSH14 has had quite a few problems, and another neighbor with an older Goodman has had better luck despite the fact that recently it has become loud.

Your post shows lack of experience. There are 3 things that cannot be hidden long; the sun, the moon, and a POS Gooman.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by mjbxx View Post
    It all comes down to the expertise and competence of the HVAC professional. I know of a friend who dolled out much more for a comparable Trane heat pump and has nothing but problems.
    Despite the Goodman bashers here, you're exactly right, that's what makes the difference. The reason Goodman got a bad reputation is because they allow them to be sold to anybody with the money, not just licensed contractors, so you have everybody with a screwdriver installing them. Goodman brought their bad reputation on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Your post shows lack of experience. There are 3 things that cannot be hidden long; the sun, the moon, and a POS Gooman.
    All the brands are POS. Some are just bigger turds than others.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Good your the one in a million. Give it two more years and then tell us what a great machine it is or better yet see if it last 10.

Quote Originally Posted by clintkennon View Post
    Good your the one in a million. Give it two more years and then tell us what a great machine it is or better yet see if it last 10.
    Just a wild guess here, but you don't like Goodman do you?
    Everybody has their least favorite. Mine is one that really ain't that hard to stop, but it's hell to get going again. I'd put a Goodman in my house long before I'd put one of those in.

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    All the brands are POS. Some are just bigger turds than others.
    I congroo wich you.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Its not that I dont like them. I just see alot more problems from Goodman than any other brand. You can argue improper install all day but the fact is Goodmans break down more often than any other brand. I posted a consumer reports report on another thread, that showed the statistics and Goodman was the highest failure rate.

And if you look.
    I bet they had Trane and American Standard list as different reliabilities fom each other.
    When they are the same unit.

CR is useless in comparisons of this nature.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

No sir they are different, Why are they useless? Is it because you have verifiable facts to defy them or is it just your hurt feelings that make them useless? Please read the following, Dont be sad when you see your favorite brand at the bottom of the list.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/a...-205/overview/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast