Desperate in Connecticut

Hey guys,
    I could use some help, here's my situation..I'm 1 year through tech school another six months left I'm top in my class witha 4.0 gpa..And the real kick I just got laid off at my previous job which was just a crummy security job..I have roughly 20+ apps/resumes out there now..I'm desperate to get into this field and i mean desperate..I enjoy the experience at school I like working on the equipment figuring problems out etc and not to brag I seem to do it well...I've always had a nap to take things apart and see how they work...
    Is anybody on here from the CT area?? That could possibly point me in the right direction or company ?? I'd really like to get onto a top notch company in this state I can't really locate my fiance doesnt want to move out the state because of her family being here. so i'm really desperate guys any advice/help would be greatly appreciated..and please no wise ass comments

Quote Originally Posted by smsfire2003 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I could use some help, here's my situation..I'm 1 year through tech school another six months left I'm top in my class witha 4.0 gpa..And the real kick I just got laid off at my previous job which was just a crummy security job..I have roughly 20+ apps/resumes out there now..I'm desperate to get into this field and i mean desperate..I enjoy the experience at school I like working on the equipment figuring problems out etc and not to brag I seem to do it well...I've always had a nap to take things apart and see how they work...
    Is anybody on here from the CT area?? That could possibly point me in the right direction or company ?? I'd really like to get onto a top notch company in this state I can't really locate my fiance doesnt want to move out the state because of her family being here. so i'm really desperate guys any advice/help would be greatly appreciated..and please no wise ass comments

If you want to relo to Houston, I could put you to work on Monday. It is very hard to find someone in this business with a passion to work, in this industry.

Quote Originally Posted by smsfire2003 View Post
    please no wise ass comments
    aww.. your no fun! try this ..

http://www.mepjobs.com/(S(puqsym55ga...h_results.aspx

or try www.monster.com for your area

I would try the bigger companies. NEMSI in Vernon is a good one. You could try BG up in Chicopee or Tradesmen of New England. Tradesmen is in Bloomfield off of Blue Hills Ave. Not alot of apprentices being hired at the moment. Hang in there though. Getting into this trade will pay off in the future. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    I would try the bigger companies. NEMSI in Vernon is a good one. You could try BG up in Chicopee or Tradesmen of New England. Tradesmen is in Bloomfield off of Blue Hills Ave. Not alot of apprentices being hired at the moment. Hang in there though. Getting into this trade will pay off in the future. Good luck.
    Yeah I've been to NEMSI in Vernon they same like a good company to work for, thats pretty much the approach i've been taking to try to get into the bigger companies in this state....everyone's saying they're hurting for work and a couple companies mentioned to call back in april.. im just hurting because im out of work now and kinda screwed $$ wise....
    I'll have to check out Tradesmen of NE, probably head there monday thanks for the heads up..

Tradesmen is on West Dudley Town Road not Blue Hills Ave.
    Talk to Carol to get an application.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Tradesmen is on West Dudley Town Road not Blue Hills Ave.
    Talk to Carol to get an application.
    Hey thanks reaper, just wondering you work for Tradesmen? they currently looking?

I don't know if they are hiring. I used to work with the owner at a different company.