Confused Connecting a Humidifier to an HRV? (no air-handler)

I have a dedicated HRV installation, without air-handler or furnace (I have baseboard heating). In the winter, the air gets quite dry in the house, sometimes below 30%. I've been wanting to use a whole-house humidifier, but it looks like most humidifiers are meant to be hooked up to a furnace.

I just found out about atomizing humidifiers, which can be ducted to a furnace, or directly into a room. My question is, can this kind of humidifer work with my HRV to distribute the moisture? If not, is there a whole-house humidifier that will work with my HRV ducting?

Thanks!

Al

Where are exhaust pickup ports and fresh air supplies located? How many in the home? Location? How many hours of HRV operation per day/speed?
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

I would just run the HRV off of a dehumidistat, it will respond to your metabolism and fresh air needs in the winter, try setting it for 35% RH, see if the windows stay clear
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

You don't necessarly have to have an air handler or furnace. I'm assuming you have duct work and vents if you are running a HRV. If so, you might look into a power humidifier (there's many available) The aprileAire 700A power humidifiers are very nice.

Connecting a humidifier to an HRV? (no air handler)

Last winter I had my power humidifier (700) removed and installed a steam humidifier (TruSteam) on my furnace. The reason was too much water was going down the drain. 60F water didn't evaporate much into 120F high efficiency furnace air (1000cfm), so most was wasted. My water use was cut drammatically as the result. At 0F outside temps, the fresh air coming from the HRV would be less than 55F @ 150cfm. You would hardly get any moisture into the air with that low temperature and low volume. In radiant heat situations out west, I've heard some use stand alone steam humidifiers since there is no ductwork. I steer people away from using an air exchanger as a moisture carrier for reasons listed above.