Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hello All, I am a long time lurker and this is my first posting. Is this how NATE certified Installers do it your area. Comments Welcome

[Edited by Boss on 12-28-2003 at 10:16 PM]

Exclamation

In my area we would call this a SMFHJ.[A super mother f@$#^%* hack job!]

Like Ive been saying,

"Anyone can pass a test", but are they going to use the knowledge they gained from reading and passing the test? Are they even capable of using the knowledge they gained? If this was truely installed by NATE certified techs its a shame. Im sure all Nate certified techs dont perform a hack job like this. This could be the owners fualt also for allowing this type of work to be performed, certified or not!!!
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

4th pix down...

Is that taken from the basement, looking up?? No return duct!?!? No air filter! This a home or what? Also, what NATE Stand for?

Yes this really was installed by NATE certified Installers employed by the most Vocal NATE proponent in my area. You are right, the owner does bear a certain amount of responsibility in this matter. This is in a group home for retarded adults which makes it even worse. Look at the 5th picture and notice the old breaker box is open where the breakers used to be. The new service is double lugged inside and then goes into new unit.
    The 4th picture is a view from the return air. If you notice all the black tape on the deck in picture 3, it's covering the piece of ductbord used to fill in the gap. Talk about masters of using what you have!!! Notice the 1/2" drier also, pinched down to 3/8" at coil.

Ouch!

That will hurt buisness in a hurry. That's one reason I'm a metal man, if you patch a hole with screwed down sheet metal you won't step through it! Wonder if this is one of those where the boss is pushing speed all the time. Hurry hurry from boss all the time translates to, crappy crap work. Sorry boss I didn't have time! [ to do it right]

They still around?????

The company who put this poor work of art still in bussiness? What did you guys end up doing Texair?

Wink

Yes they are still around. In all fairness to the installers this was done on a Saturday.
    We did nothing, advised the owner of his options and gave him a price to repair job. Last I spoke with owner, nothing had been done except a lock on the closet door.You should see the ductwork.

What does doing a job on Saturday have to do with anything except the customer probably got charged a premium for this fine piece of work?

Originally posted by texair
    Yes they are still around. In all fairness to the installers this was done on a Saturday.
    We did nothing, advised the owner of his options and gave him a price to repair job. Last I spoke with owner, nothing had been done except a lock on the closet door.You should see the ductwork.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Talking

It has nothing to do with it. I was being facetious and I don't know how to post those little faces yet.

Install

I can only say that my screw-ups look better. I told my customer what I did wrong and that she could have me give her a new furnace but she didn't think that was necessary. Man was I lucky!
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

So these NATE techs know better but they are too lazy to do the job right.
    Read, read, read!

PUUUUUUUU!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast