Post Likes

Solar Panels Installation Tips

Hey guys!

So I have been trying to save some bucks lately. I have replaced almost all forms of extra expenses. Now I just need to change my mode of electricity supply. I thought I should switch to solar panels. It is the future right? It is here to stay, it is efficient and it is also CHEAP!

So I went ahead and got to know some ultimate tips (https://www.citylab.com/life/2016/04...o-know/476805/) to install new solar panels but after a while it got too generic and I wanted to learn some more.

It is a long-term thing so I don’t think anyone would like to do it inefficiently. I thought the forum folks would benefit from my findings. These are little things guys but when done rightly they will take you a very long way -

1. Get a weatherproof inverter: When you mount the inverter, make sure that a big heatsink is mounted in a side that receives the shade.
    2. To minimize voltage drops: Mount the inverter as close to the fuse box as you can.
    3. Have at least one bracket per panel and also have one extra: Enough brackets will ensure there is no issue of them flying off the roof or anything like that. Also, there will be no issue of water leakage through the roof.
    4. Intra panel cabling zip tied up off the roof: You can get maximum efficiency through this simple trick.
    5. Have at least a 100 mm roof gap for air cooling: The cooler the panels are the more efficient they will be.
    6. Make sure that each panel is individually earthed and all the connections are painted so that it doesn’t corrode over time.

Side note: Did you know that solar panels also help fight methane leaks?
    It feels amazing when you can save some bucks WHILE also saving the environment.

I’ve chosen the technicians at https://www.actionac.net/ to complete the installation procedure and so far they seem to be doing a greatjob. I will share more tips with you once I finish my installation completely.

Till then, bye people!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S. Migue View Post
    Hey guys!

So I have been trying to save some bucks lately. I have replaced almost all forms of extra expenses. Now I just need to change my mode of electricity supply. I thought I should switch to solar panels. It is the future right? It is here to stay, it is efficient and it is also CHEAP!

So I went ahead and got to know some ultimate tips (https://www.citylab.com/life/2016/04...o-know/476805/) to install new solar panels but after a while it got too generic and I wanted to learn some more.

It is a long-term thing so I don’t think anyone would like to do it inefficiently. I thought the forum folks would benefit from my findings. These are little things guys but when done rightly they will take you a very long way -

1. Get a weatherproof inverter: When you mount the inverter, make sure that a big heatsink is mounted in a side that receives the shade.
    2. To minimize voltage drops: Mount the inverter as close to the fuse box as you can.
    3. Have at least one bracket per panel and also have one extra: Enough brackets will ensure there is no issue of them flying off the roof or anything like that. Also, there will be no issue of water leakage through the roof.
    4. Intra panel cabling zip tied up off the roof: You can get maximum efficiency through this simple trick.
    5. Have at least a 100 mm roof gap for air cooling: The cooler the panels are the more efficient they will be.
    6. Make sure that each panel is individually earthed and all the connections are painted so that it doesn’t corrode over time.

Side note: Did you know that solar panels also help fight methane leaks?
    It feels amazing when you can save some bucks WHILE also saving the environment.

I’ve chosen the technicians at https://www.actionac.net/ to complete the installation procedure and so far they seem to be doing a greatjob. I will share more tips with you once I finish my installation completely.

Till then, bye people!
    i know jack about solar panels.

can you elaborate on no. 6? "individually earthed"? why cant you just bond them together? an extra ground per panel sounds annoying and unnecessary to me, but again... i know jack about these systems.

oh yea, i think i know the answer to this question... but is there any way you could put the inverter inside the conditioned space in a reasonably safe manner? from a heating climate perspective it would seem to make some sense... and from a cooling climate perspective i would think the thing running colder would increase longevity?

Post Likes
    Do you have a guide to help in installing solar panels? I'm considering using the Tesla (formerly Solarcity).