Post Likes

Stero float assy

I have noticed the lever style float balls used on Stero dishwasher floats are not as buoyancy has the older one I am replacing. For example I ordered 5 float balls only and placed them in a sink of water. Everyone sank to the bottom of the sink while the old float ball remained on the service. I have had 3 service calls on fairly new machines where the machine shuts off shortly after starting. Adding a piece of foam around the heat float ball eliminates the shutting off problem at all 3 locations. I have a video somewhere but can't find it right now. Has anyone come across this problem?

Post Likes
    I have an STPCW-30 unit which has those ball floats, I've replaced one of them but it came as the other ones. Any other ones I welded the small hole or where the stem connects back up and somehow magically succeeded.

I guess water leaks into these ones is what you'r saying?

Post Likes
    New ones right out of the box sink barely lifting the ball off the bottom of a filled sink. I have three different locations that have a piece of foam wrapped around the ball to keep them up. Any new ones I change out I use the old float. In this video you can see the old scale float right on top of the water while the new float sinks to the bottom. Any turbulence in the wash tank from the pumps makes the float rise and sink thus shutting off the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivero View Post
    I have an STPCW-30 unit which has those ball floats, I've replaced one of them but it came as the other ones. Any other ones I welded the small hole or where the stem connects back up and somehow magically succeeded.

I guess water leaks into these ones is what you'r saying?

Post Likes
    Interesting, do they get filled with water or are they just too heavy?

Post Likes
    They are just two heavy.

Post Likes
    Wow, incredible.

Those ball floats are normally, really, really REALLY thin so I am kind of surprised about that.

No bubbles when they sink?

Post Likes
    Wow, incredible.

Those ball floats are normally, really, really REALLY thin so I am kind of surprised about that.

No bubbles when they sink?