Post Likes

Heat pump not blowing out of vents

Sorry if this isnít the place but I need some help. I have a company coming to check it Friday but Iím hoping someone can tell me what to expect. I have a heat pump and itís been running fine until a few bites ago. It came on and there was a burnt smell coming through the vents and then there was nothing blowing in the vents. Iíve checked out side and the heat pump fan is running. Thank you for your help.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdtbolding View Post
    Sorry if this isnít the place but I need some help. I have a company coming to check it Friday but Iím hoping someone can tell me what to expect. I have a heat pump and itís been running fine until a few bites ago. It came on and there was a burnt smell coming through the vents and then there was nothing blowing in the vents. Iíve checked out side and the heat pump fan is running. Thank you for your help.
    Probably a new blower motor or control board. Shut the breakers off for both the indoor and outdoor units.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    Probably a new blower motor or control board. Shut the breakers off for both the indoor and outdoor units.

Thank you! How much money am I looking at? Ball park? Few hundred?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdtbolding View Post
    Thank you! How much money am I looking at? Ball park? Few hundred?
    Approximately.

Post Likes
    That would be a start to tell what is wrong and quote repairs.
    UA Local 32

Post Likes
    Thanks guys. Got a guy coming out tomorrow to look at it. Itís about 14 years old. Iím really hoping itís something that can be fixed and not have to replace the whole unit.