Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRANE HEAT PUMP

Post Likes

TRANE HEAT PUMP

My question is if when is calling for heat, “ O ” (reversing valve) is energize. Some model are different but I do not know on Trane, thank in advantage.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by town View Post
    My question is if when is calling for heat, “ O ” (reversing valve) is energize. Some model are different but I do not know on Trane, thank in advantage.
    Trane energizes the RV in cooling only.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    THANKS, how but if the oudor temp go lower them 25f, that will shut done the out door unit?

Post Likes
    Possible manufacture setting? The outdoor temp was about 22f and none according to the Owner but today is 48f and working fine so 🤨

Post Likes
    check controls for lockout settings, and check charge. could be cutting out on low pressure

Post Likes
    Will do, thank for you help.

Post Likes
    THANKS, how but if the oudor temp go lower them 25f, that will shut done the out door unit?
    Town,

You have to have the Heat pump lock out, at the point where it is no longer Efficient, via Outdoor Stat, or a Thermostat that employs an Outdoor sensor.

The Reversing Valve will remain in the Heat Pump position, until it is energized for "Defrost", or Air Conditioning.

Post Likes
    Yes Sr. Found a 5Kw for auxiliary heat on a home where AH is in the garage far way from all rooms. I add a 15 KW and done deal. Thank for all reply.

Post Likes
    I thought for a minute, we may need "Pony" to decipher the question here...
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Post Likes
    Got the call as heat not working 23f out door temp; when I was there next day 48f out door temp found outdoor unit running. 🤨 I’m not Trane guy, but asking to this forum is a great idea. I would like to know what are some ideas before I arrive. Now if you want you can jump into the pony and run with it.

Post Likes
    Yes Sr. Found a 5Kw for auxiliary heat on a home where AH is in the garage far way from all rooms. I add a 15 KW and done deal. Thank for all reply.
    " I add a15KW and done deal " You're kidding me ? from 5KW to 15KW just like that? no worries about power line feeding the air handler?

13. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Every wire and breaker were there but running with 5KW. I think is asking what you need to do.

Post Likes
    Town, ... It would be Extremely Helpful for you to Post the Model# & Serial # of this unit, as well as the Circuit Breaker(s) Amperage, & Wire Size & type that are Supplying Power to this unit.

5KW, for "Auxiliary Heat", is more or less, what I'd find in a RV, & not a home.

16. Likes Gunslinger liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast