Post Likes

My House Doesnt have individual Return Inlets

Hello all bought a 1976 house in Vero Beach Florida a couple years ago that was put together by a developer. Had a home inspection done without any discrepancies about the HVAC reported so, I never checked myself.
    I was reading somewhere about HVAC Return vents and as I looked up in every room, I do not have any Returns???

Is this something that could pass a Home Inspection? When I installed a Ecobee Thermostat, the Cover for the fan was really sucking in as well and was hard to remove while it was running. I read that this is a good indication that I have bad return venting? The HVAC is a ceiling hanging unit in great condition. The filter intake is in the house right at the front door.

So, I guess my real question is: Do I have to remove that filter in the house and run return venting before that filter? I cant find anywhere that instructs this or anyone that doesnt have ANY Returns.

Thanks All...

Post Likes
    A home inspector knows nothing about HVAC.

Have s contractor inspect the system.

Post Likes
    That filter grille is your return venting. A lot of homes don't have multiple returns.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    That filter grille is your return venting. A lot of homes don't have multiple returns.
    Thank you, makes sense. I’ll have to add more one day. I suppose I’ll have to get creative because the filter is on the ceiling.

Post Likes
    Please have a qualified contractor evaluate your system before you try getting creative.

Repairing badly damaged ductwork is expensive...
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

Post Likes
    As you've found out, home inspectors only check to make sure that when they turn something on it runs.

Now would be the best time to find yourself a good HVAC contractor, have them go through you system so that you know it's condition and that it's working the best it can. They can educate you about what you have and how best to run and maintain it.

Also the best time to add that phone number to your phone is now, not when something quits working. This will also put you on that contractor's (existing customer) list for when things are really busy and they are prioritizing calls during weather extremes.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.