Post Likes

Distech controller outputs have the hiccups

I have an ECB-610 acting oddly. Without anything changing state in my control logic the digital outputs flicker off for a split second every few minutes. Just long enough that I can hear the relays click. It happens to all of the outputs at the same time, as if the controller has the hiccups. Nothing is shorted out and there isn’t any detectable loss of 24VAC power. I’ve heard of this happening to a coworker and he went through Distech tech support and they said he was crazy. I personally think they’re biased. Has anyone else ever seen this kind of issue in ECL/ECB series controllers?

Post Likes
    Is there any vibration in the panel?
    we'Ve had some problems with the terminals when they're in a high vibration environment.
    Also, although it's probably not the issue here, check the terminal strip
    carefully. It's all too easy to damage it by over tightening the screws. Plus apparently there was a batch about a year ago that wasn't in tolerance.

Post Likes
    Are these controllers on a Jace? If so, check your tuning policy for the DO's. Your min and max write times should be 0. I've seen similar behavior on JCI PCG's.

Post Likes
    All too familiar with the terminal strip issue but this scenario doesn’t fit. I smell smoke with the tuning policy issue though. Now that I think about it I made a change to the tuning policy a while back to test another issue and the problems I’m having now roughly correspond.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chboe5771 View Post
    All too familiar with the terminal strip issue but this scenario doesn’t fit. I smell smoke with the tuning policy issue though. Now that I think about it I made a change to the tuning policy a while back to test another issue and the problems I’m having now roughly correspond.
    That sounds like the culprit. With the JCI DO's, if the min/max write time was anything other than 0, the Jace would write a null value to the point which would make the output trigger to its default value. Sounds like Distech might be the same.