Thread: N4 on Jace 3/6

Post Likes

N4 on Jace 3/6

Is anyone running N4 on A Jace 3 or 6 and happy with it? I took over a job where another contractor had done it using 4.1 and it was very prone to crashing. I ended replacing it with an 8. It seems like Tridium acknowledged the situation when they offered the trade up program.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    It seems like Tridium acknowledged the situation when they offered the trade up program.
    They want the yearly SMA fees, plain and simple. That trade in program is a turd imo. It only applies to the base hardware, not any of the licensing, expansion cards, etc. Save a few dimes on the hardware and end up paying dollars for the yearly SMA fees. Your saving what really??

4.1 was awful. Upgrading to 4.3 or 4.4 might fix it.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Saw a big site with about 100 Jace3 with 4.1 (or 4.2?). Quite a nightmare -- Jace restart took 15 minutes, some unexplained crashes etc.

If Jace 8000 could not be used, then it is better to keep 3.8 in Jaces together with Supervisor 4.3.

Post Likes
    Ditto and saving a metric $hiton on fees.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Tried it once on a 6 with only 10 Bacnet controllers and won't do it again. Not enough horsepower.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RozekJT View Post
    Tried it once on a 6 with only 10 Bacnet controllers and won't do it again. Not enough horsepower.
    I had the same experience. It would go into engine watchdog timeouts and reboot after about 5 minutes of using it. It was terrible. Haven't tried with 4.3 or 4.4. It was bad enough to make me NEVER want to try again.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864