Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    Global Warming has been great for AC providers. It's sad but true.....
    It's sad that you think that is true, really sad.

Sent from my Note3 using crapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

2. Dislikes James Colver disliked this post
    Post Likes
    I thought evap coil leaks were caused by thin copper due to high copper prices. ICP coils suck due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    The US federal government’s intervention into this SEER and HFC phaseout crap is the reason 8/10 systems less than 5 years old have leaking indoor coils. Changing 2 year old coils under warranty and having a disgruntled customer because of it is not that great for AC providers.

South Florida has always (or at least for the last several hundred or thousands years) been mid 80s year round with thunderstorms every afternoon. Nothing humans have done/will do has/ever will change that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bonanza View Post
    I thought evap coil leaks were caused by thin copper due to high copper prices. ICP coils suck due to this.
    One of the reasons they thinned them (the other being cost) and the reason they rifled them was to get better heat transfer and in turn better efficiency to meet government regulations.

The copper coming from China is crap too

Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

5. Likes James Colver liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    One of the reasons they thinned them (the other being cost) and the reason they rifled them was to get better heat transfer and in turn better efficiency to meet government regulations.

The copper coming from China is crap too

That's an interesting theory. I could see why thinner copper would improve effiency. But of course the manufactures could have just as easily increase the size of the coil, or went with a W coil to get the same transfer. Sure government does cause problems sometimes. Other times manufactures like to cause problems and scapegoat the government, because many people will just buy that line.

Post Likes

I Want To Buy AC company in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    That's an interesting theory. I could see why thinner copper would improve effiency. But of course the manufactures could have just as easily increase the size of the coil, or went with a W coil to get the same transfer. Sure government does cause problems sometimes. Other times manufactures like to cause problems and scapegoat the government, because many people will just buy that line.
    Air flow is not good through a W coil and drainage is a challenge the tight fin spacing on a standard A coil causes an airflow challenge in itself especially mounted on top of a furnace because between the DP of the evaporator and the filter you don’t have any ASP for the ductwork. Just about everything the government puts their hand in turns to shiitake.

Have you not seen the huge coils they are putting out and have been since the 12 SEER mandate both indoor and outdoor? Air handlers that won’t fit in places because they’re 21x24x70”. Outdoor units that you need a 6’ ladder to get into the compressor section.

Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123