Post Likes

The worst day to leave my phone at the shop

And couldnt get a picture ..... So im installing a nat gas fire log in this million dollar home, when all the sudden i hear the HO cussing out a painter "how the F+@$!% are we supposed to get the F@$%!! upstairs now ! Dont you know we F$#=@$% live up there ! "

Painter ... "Dont worry Sir I can lend you a ladder to reach the second story balcony "

Apparently the guy polyurethaned the staircase .....

As im leaving hes bringing a ladder inside and securing the top rung by bungy cording it to the balcony railing

I bet he doesnt do that again...

Post Likes
    I've got some mixed feelings on this one...did the HO ask him to polyurethane the staircase? I've been around some high up people (like those who live in these million dollar homes) who are not good people. I knew a guy who lives in Colorado that did the trim work in a house Tom Cruise was building (he was a very skilled carpenter). Let's just say that the money was good but the interactions with Tom were not lol.

Post Likes
    I think it was more of the last straw with the painter

He smelled like alcohol ( ok not anything new )

He stained the stairs the wrong color the first day ( I know these things because I could hear the conversation 2 rooms away ) then argued with HO it was a perfect match according to the can ....

He added another stain that was closer , then a 3rd coat that finally got it right

Instead of poly every other step , he went ahead and poly'd the entire staircase this time and the HO was finally like

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post

He stained the stairs the wrong color the first day ( I know these things because I could hear the conversation 2 rooms away ) then argued with HO it was a perfect match according to the can ....

He added another stain that was closer , then a 3rd coat that finally got it right

Instead of poly every other step , he went ahead and poly'd the entire staircase this time and the HO was finally like
    But the HO got a good price, eh?

The genius of the United States Constitution - when it frustrates the government, you know it is working.

RIP Mr. Gizmo; end of watch 10/27/16

It was a good situation, until everything went wrong!
    Rub some dirt on it and walk it off...
    We will always know it should have worked!

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes

Ok gotcha! That's funny because it reminds me of when I was in commercial construction and all the painters looked like they had just smoked a joint...every time I do a lot of painting I think to myself man this sucks, I guess this is why the painters smoked so much hahaha I mean one of them in particular was so fried I can still vividly recall the way his eyes looked.

Post Likes
    You urethane every other step, then go back the next day and do the opposite.
    "Sometimes what's right is what's left after you do everything wrong"--Robin Williams

Post Likes
    not after you've been drinking you don't .....

Post Likes
    or you forget which steps you did...
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes

Would you want a Painter working in your home, that couldn't readily demonstrate that he Knew how to work with dangerous chemicals?
    I only have to make it work till I retire.

Post Likes
    if he showed up at my house smelling of booze he would go right back out the door and a new painter would be hired.
    No excuse for going to a job drunk NONE.

Post Likes
    Is every painter a drunk, or does every drunk think he's a painter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.