Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    I don't know their wage package but don't forget their vacation fund, their paid medical/dental/vision which is for life, the state pension the national pension and I'm sure they have a supplemental pension. Oh and remember that is just the minimum that they can get paid many make over scale. If you are up there with them good for you but you're looking for a new job and I think you are going to find it hard to find another shop to match it.
    I have 3 but the commute is the same as if I were to go to s.f. 1 with a 7k sign on bonus. I want to remain local. 40 miles can be 2 hours or more 1 way.

The 2nd is there to protect the 1st. DTOM

Post Likes
    Not one actual rebuttal to anything I have said. Well so much for keeping it civil. I didn't think I started a thread in arp. Way to go boys. Keep it classy. Buttwheat I commend you for staying civil. You are a good one. More like you wouldn't be a bad thing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zamoramax View Post
    Not one actual rebuttal to anything I have said. Well so much for keeping it civil. I didn't think I started a thread in arp. Way to go boys. Keep it classy. Buttwheat I commend you for staying civil. You are a good one. More like you wouldn't be a bad thing.

You have mail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    Not one actual rebuttal to anything I have said. Well so much for keeping it civil.
    I really in't see anything to rebut, It is like me saying all rat shops suck It's just not true nor is the trash that you put out about the union. All I know is the 25 years that I have worked nonunion do not compare at all to the 7 that I have worked union. I was anti union pretty much that 25 years and most of that was because of crap that I had heard that simply wasn't true.
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    I really in't see anything to rebut, It is like me saying all rat shops suck It's just not true nor is the trash that you put out about the union. All I know is the 25 years that I have worked nonunion do not compare at all to the 7 that I have worked union. I was anti union pretty much that 25 years and most of that was because of crap that I had heard that simply wasn't true.
    Well. What I hear is from union boys. Again I have a lot of friends in the unions. Maybe your local isn't as corrupt, or maybe you're not as involved. I don't know. There are a ton of varriables. Either way I posted in a looking for employment area. I left your original post alone. It wasn't until ole loud mouth started that I spoke up. Again we can have this discussion in arp if you like.

Post Likes
    What's Arp?

Post Likes
    Keep thinking your superior hoss. 5 years of school to learn how to stand on a ladder. Hey, on time and on budget.

Hey now I only spent a day learning to stand on a ladder. Haha.
    I don't understand why some guys get so butt hurt when someone doesn't want to join the union. It's a personal choice. Personally I'm only in it due to circumstance, I never went out of my way to join it just kind of where I landed and decided to stick with the apprenticeship. I also don't get wrapped up in the politics of it all. I dont know if I'll stay with it forever but for now it is beneficial to me.

Post Likes
    I also don't get involved w/ the politics. I avoid making overstatements such as "I work for the Local, not for the company x".

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by MechTech2013; 01-03-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlandru View Post
    What's Arp?
    The forum where a unprofessional thread like this turned out should be.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Hey now I only spent a day learning to stand on a ladder. Haha.
    I don't understand why some guys get so butt hurt when someone doesn't want to join the union. It's a personal choice. Personally I'm only in it due to circumstance, I never went out of my way to join it just kind of where I landed and decided to stick with the apprenticeship. I also don't get wrapped up in the politics of it all. I dont know if I'll stay with it forever but for now it is beneficial to me.
    You my friend are a true working man. I don't care if you're union or not. We're all in it to take care of our families. I personally let politics get in the way sometimes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123