NAVIEN SETUP INSTRUCTIONS

I just went to a seminar at the local supply house. Turns out there are some issues with using pipe dope to make connections - can effect the flow sensor and the flow regulator (controls water flow). Make sure you use teflon tape, not pipe dope.

If you are experiencing temperature variations, it's a setup issue or a flow sensor issue or possibly a gas pressure issue. Read the setup sheet at the link below.

They handed out a startup instruction sheet which I've posted.

If you are going to run a continuous pump, make sure you have an aquastat that runs the pump. It should be set 10 degrees below the heaters set point or heater'll start short cycling as it reaches set point. This will significantly shorten life and increase repairs and gas use.

These buffer tank units address the issues people have with tankless in an elegant and very efficient manner - but they are NOT a replacement for using an indirect connected to a Prestige ModCon.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

If you are useing a navien just pay the $x for a factory installed circ pump. It includes buffer tank and timer.
    Last edited by beenthere; 03-04-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Removed price.

Don't post prices.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If you keep the pipe dope where it belongs, it won't be an issue. If you let it get inside the line, it can mess up the gas valve of any type of unit.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler