Manitowoc SN-12 nightmares

Ok not one specific problem but i have 8 Manitowoc SN-12 nugget ice machines i clean at a hospital for a PM, now is it just the ones ive seen or are these things junk. Iv'e had 2 gear reduction motors crap out, a compressor tie up, and a machine that once you put it in clean it has to go threw the whole cycle, yes even if you try using the clean off clean off ice switching method. Just wondering if the hospital received a bad bunch or if they are problematic.

Thanks for any input.

All brands of nugget machines have problems. I have a similar account at a hospital only we sold them Scotsman machines. On those, the drive gear grease gets past the seal and into the ice. Also, a few electrical problems. A freon leak or two but no bad compressors yet. I think the oldest one is 7 years now.

Sn-12 nightmare

These units arnt even 1 year old yet.

I think I would be on the phone to Manitowoc. Ask them one simple question. How am I supposed to sell and service your product and expect to retain my accounts when I have problems like this? I have found that salesmen offer their souls to keep an account if it is valuable and in jeopardy. Your supplier will probably do more than the manufacturer.

The Big M has let their service support dimininsh to a point where sales now exceed service. I have or had the Big M in my blood for many years, but now I don't even recommend their products any longer, their distributors play games and play politics, sad to say...and I have sold a lot of their units and fixed many of their problems, but no longer. They have gotten way too big and the people in the field are the ones that made them who they are today, they forgot that.....in my opinion, Hoshi's are the way to go right now. Tom Decker is probably turning in his grave right now, with all due respect...I knew him well. The customer, remember him/her????....is the one who suffers and is getting screwed. (By far, the best flaker on the market is a Hoshi.) Be very careful though.....they (not Hoshi) blackballed me so I can't even work on their equipment, which is OK since I never got paid anyway.....they don't listen to the guys in the field any longer...just stop working on thier equipment and recommend some else that does appriciate their service network and their customers concerns on cost of ownership.... and being a factory service rep is more in politics than technical capability nowadays......this situation is gone way too far and it's mostly on the side of manufacturers who let any one install and service their equipment, then you as a CSR has to correct the problem, who did'nt sell the machine, and now you can't get paid because the machine was never installed correctly which is not covered under warranty. could go on and on, but my point has been made. Make no mistake, you as a service company are not being backed up any longer and your leverage has been removed by national accounts, unqualified servcie techs who are the lowest bidder and salesman that lie to the customer. This is a win/lose position for you....and you are on the losing side of the equation.

show me a manitowoc that isn't prblematic, and i'll show you a miracle
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    show me a manitowoc that isn't prblematic, and i'll show you a miracle
    Actually, the G and B series were pretty good machines, until 404 and changing vendors for parts was initiated. They were a great machine up until 5-8 years ago or so......mostly due to management changes most likely.