What are you guys using to check temps on grill surfaces and fry vat temps?

I have a UEI thermometer with the k thermocouple and I would like to use some thing other than the normal thermocouple and oven temp probe. I really need the grill temp probe and the oven temp probe.

If possible please provide a pic and place of purchase and cost if you can.