Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not mine

Post Likes
    It's a roof top unit. The larger flex is the power, the smaller flex is the stat wire. Probably the most common type of install for an RTU.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Where is the unit?
    A skilled Tech would solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    It's a roof top unit. The larger flex is the power, the smaller flex is the stat wire. Probably the most common type of install for an RTU.
    I've installed several "Roof Top Units", & serviced many BBeerme. I Know about High Voltage/ Low voltage Supplies being run to a "Unit" via conduit, etc.

In the pic, I see the "Multi-Flash" with the pipe rising up out of it, being connected to some dark colored "hose"?/ "flex"? then looping away from the "Professional Installed Vent System", ... & then re-entering the roof of the building via some form of conduit/ piping that is protruding from the roof.

Where's the "Roof Top Unit"?

Post Likes
    I've installed several "Roof Top Units", & serviced many BBeerme.
    Punctuation. It defines clarity and gayness
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Jtrammel - "I’m going to sell hvac systems derp derp derp"
    BBeerme - "every time he opens his mouth, he reminds me of a cow without the fart bag."

4. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Just out of view.

I think what you are seeing as "re-entering the building", we are seeing that as the power to the unit.

I've installed several "Roof Top Units", & serviced many BBeerme. I Know about High Voltage/ Low voltage Supplies being run to a "Unit" via conduit, etc.

In the pic, I see the "Multi-Flash" with the pipe rising up out of it, being connected to some dark colored "hose"?/ "flex"? then looping away from the "Professional Installed Vent System", ... & then re-entering the roof of the building via some form of conduit/ piping that is protruding from the roof.

A skilled Tech would solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes

I'm sorry I included that in my photo!! Did not mean to clutter your mind.

I'll take a shot, next time im there, for your clarification.

Just as was said, individual runs for line and low voltage.
    Low voltage comes out of the boot in emt, transition to non metal flex(liquitite) and then to the unit(just out if frame on the left).

Others did line voltage, looks like non metal flex out of the boot.

They don't reenter the roof!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I'm sorry I included that in my photo!! Did not mean to clutter your mind.

I'll take a shot, next time im there, for your clarification.

Just as was said, individual runs for line and low voltage.
    Low voltage comes out of the boot in emt, transition to non metal flex(liquitite) and then to the unit(just out if frame on the left).

Others did line voltage, looks like non metal flex out of the boot.

They don't reenter the roof!!
    Are we talking about the second picture that you showed pacnw?

I'm not seeing individual runs coming out of that flashing, & that "run" is returning to a conduit or something that is sticking up out of the roof.

It Ain't entering a disconnect, etc.(I Also do Electrical).

"They don't reenter the roof!! " No Kidding & they don't rig up what they did as a way to vent exhaust away neither.

As far as my mind, ... I lost that long ago.

Post Likes
    Are we talking about the second picture that you showed pacnw?

I'm not seeing individual runs coming out of that flashing, & that "run" is returning to a conduit or something that is sticking up out of the roof.

It Ain't entering a disconnect, etc.(I Also do Electrical).

"They don't reenter the roof!! " No Kidding & they don't rig up what they did as a way to vent exhaust away neither.

As far as my mind, ... I lost that long ago.
    Read my prior post slooooooooooow you. Don't have anything else going on.
    It is straight forward and concise.

I'm out.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    They must’ve thought The MUA unit was pulling in fart smell from that plumbing vent next to it so they extended it. When in reality the building is under a negative pressure and the fart smell is coming from a dry trap.

10. Likes JohninJoliet liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Read my prior post slooooooooooow you. Don't have anything else going on.
    It is straight forward and concise.

I'm out.
    Sorry about all of the Confusion. Apparently were not looking at the same Picture, or it's a practice that I've never seen anywhere East of the Mississippi.

So, I'm Out To.

Post Likes
    Lol. Al these buckets on the roof, what a mess!

Post Likes
    This is so wrong on so many levels! LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123