Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    what makes these 200$ plus units that much better than these $40 units that use the Iphone/Ipads as the screens?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

do the extech and the like focus all the time while moving to quickly? i notice that with my little boroscope i have to move real slow or it gets blurry but other than that it has a adjustable light, saves video and pics to your device and obviously a nice screen with HD quality.. curious the difference

also what access points are you using to get the best look at the HX from all sides?
    I've never tried the cheaper ones but from your description they sound about the same to me.

You just have to look behind where you're going to drill and use good judgement for access points. Every furnace is a little different.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    what makes these 200$ plus units that much better than these $40 units that use the Iphone/Ipads as the screens?

do the extech and the like focus all the time while moving to quickly? i notice that with my little boroscope i have to move real slow or it gets blurry but other than that it has a adjustable light, saves video and pics to your device and obviously a nice screen with HD quality.. curious the difference

also what access points are you using to get the best look at the HX from all sides?
    I was going to post this. I bought this a couple weeks ago.

works just as good as the $120 Rigid it replaced. And it has a 12 ft probe.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

"One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

Post Likes
    No camera is gonna snake through a 80+ hx or get by a secondary . I have a Milwaukee m12 with a 3’ probe. Its main purpose is looking at indoor coils . I took the hx expert class and was showed common fail point on different makes and models and doubt a camera would be useful at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    No camera is gonna snake through a 80+ hx or get by a secondary . I have a Milwaukee m12 with a 3’ probe. Its main purpose is looking at indoor coils . I took the hx expert class and was showed common fail point on different makes and models and doubt a camera would be useful at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't snake inside the hx with mine. I typically drill a hole in the delta plate of the evap coil and snake my camera all around the hx. Some case coils have a small gap when the service panel is off you can get in without drilling a hole.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/wo...cope-ve200.htm

This is what I have been using for quite some time now. It has a 40" probe and only .33" in diameter. Records directly to your device and has a light on the handle itself that I've found quite handy at times. Good quality pictures and video. It also hs a place on the handle to clip your smartphone onto. I have a case with a magnet on my phone so I just stick my phone to the furnace where it's convenient and the customer can watch as I probe as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12