Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    Heres some pics of my coworker who did a fine job retrofitting a Dixell into a plastic enclosure behind some fryers, for an undercounter freezer. Just to give you some ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    What a good idea. Very clean looking too... for now lol. The grease from those fryers will turn his handiwork into a glob of brown snot in no time at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes

I agree KE2 is a great option

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    For W I coolers A12-700 CCI control.
    1/3 the cost of Dexell.

If you want electronic. K2
    Been using several items from KE2 with huge success.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    Well this one is very thin sheet metal. Here I traced the rectangle from the front cover paper piece. Then i drill holes in each corner. From then i use a mini hacksaw for a clean straight line. This is slow and tedious, even with all my practice its a 15 minute procedure usually. A dremel would speed it up, but mine broke years ago and i havent bothered to replace, plus dremel cutting discs are basically one time use before worn out.

When looks dont matter and speed is important, or on thicker material, an angle grinder is much quicker. Its a lot easier to screw up with this method though - one slip of the grinder will leave an ugly gash. And still you gotta deal with the small sides - a 4.5" angle grinder wont do it, though Dremel prob would, but its hard not to overcut and nick the corners and whatnot.

If it wont be seen at all, several times i've used these angled brackets that come with the Johnson control pressure switches we stock on our truck. I mount it in a vise, use my milwaukee HackZall and quickly cut the rectangle - it fits in the predrilled holes perfectly. I bend the cut piece out, then cut it off. This leaves an open rectangle on one side. Then i take some of the scrap and weld silver solder the side back closed. Its REALLY ugly, but quick. 5 minutes with little physical effort exerted. Ill try to get pics next time.

Heres some pics of my coworker who did a fine job retrofitting a Dixell into a plastic enclosure behind some fryers, for an undercounter freezer. Just to give you some ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Very nice work. I like how you added the cover over the new digital controller. Obviously it would have been covered in grease in no time. Nice work

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123