Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    JT said he filled his handcart tires with 410 and when he was driving down the road (in SC hot weather) they exploded and he about poo'd himself.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hahahhahahahahahahhahahaahhahahahahzhhzhzhzhzhzhzh zhhdhdjdhdhdboskenbrjdbeuxbeiskrbsiwirbtdj...haha
    wHen I diE I hOpe gOd haS mErcy oN my SiNful LifE

2. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Back in the 70's I was way out in the toolies and had a tire get punctured. Narrow road and a snow berm on both sides. Did not want to change the tire in the dark under those conditions. Thought about the pressure chart for R12 and at the temperature that day I think saturation was about 32 PSI so I dumped a bit of R12 into that tire and drove it back to town hissing all the way, but maintaining the pressure in the tire as the liquid vaporized. Back then, R12 was in the 50 cents a pound range....

Do not recommend using liquid R-anything in warm weather!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    if your nitrogen regulator is set too high or what ever your choice is to fill the tire. If the pressure behind the piercing stem is too high then when pressed against the valve stem it wont open to allow the pressure to enter the tire. Tweak the regulator to about 50-80 psig and it should open easily.
    Hows that? Doesn't the spring (and the pressure in the tire) hold it shut? Any pressure from outside would act to open it, once the pin has been depressed. Right?

It certainly wouldn't want to open if the tire pressure was greater than the hose pressure. But then, if that were the case, you wouldn't be getting anywhere trying to air it up anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12