Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaizk View Post
    Im not a contractor license but i met a guy before he is a contractor and he told me if i found a job let him know and i work with him and i posted online hvac repairs and someone called me to instal system i told them the price and 2 weeks later got letter from tdlr with a complain case i dont know what to do im lost and stress out is im going to lose tdlr registration pleas help me im new in this
    If I am understanding OP, he is registered as a technician which all techs in Texas must be to work as an employee of a licensed contractor.
    In Texas its illegal to even advertise you do HVAC without a state license like so many of us worked really hard to obtain. I hope they throw the book at you .

2. Likes HVAC_Marc, lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    I bet he's popping his pants now.

Post Likes
    That might be something they do a bit north of me, in San Francisco. I'm not that familiar with their recreational activities.

Maybe you meant 'pooping' his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    I bet he's popping his pants now.
    A skilled Tech would solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

5. Likes HVAC_Marc, DavidDeBord, Chief23 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Not having insurance. Not registered in the city you working.

License holder is directly responsible to inspect the completed work or have a checkjlist. Not displaying his license # in 2" letters on your truck. He is the only one that can perform a manual J, if required. There are a lot of violations. This is a jailable offense.

Simply, who would have received the payment for this install? Maybe contractor can vouch for you, but this probably will incriminate him.

I receive offers to "use my license" texts many times by unknowns.

Post Likes
    OP has been on, in fact heís got another thread going about a furnace issue. But had failed to update this thread at all.
    OP, maybe you can give just a small update?
    Not trying to make fun of the situation or rub anything in. But what it comes down to is you are an unlicensed individual that was advertising for HVAC work.
    A little story. I was hired as a replacement for a guy that got fired at a residential/commercial company about 8 years ago. The guy that got fired decided to go out on his own, with no license or insurance (our laws arenít as strict as yours, Iíve never heard of sting operations here). Although he was advertising that he was fully licensed and insured.
    Well he did a job that didnít turn out that well. And then stopped answering phone calls from the customer. So the customer went looking for him at every supply house in the area, the customer was asking for the guy by name.
    The customer never found the guy, but he did happen to find the head of the local building inspection office who was in one of the supply houses at the time.
    The results that followed didnít turn out so well for that guy either. Heís no longer doing hvac work, as he canít get a license from the state and this little incident got around so much that no decent company will dare hire him.
    ďI havenít failed. Iíve just found 10,000 ways that wonít work.Ē - Thomas Edison

ďItís not whether you get knocked down, itís whether you get up.Ē - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    I cant remember what state this was in, but it was a (blowhard) plumber in a group I participated in. This guy was well known. This could be you if you don't straighten up!

Edit - WTSP reports out of St Petersburg, FL

Sent via ESP...
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Jtrammel - "Iím going to sell hvac systems derp derp derp"
    BBeerme - "every time he opens his mouth, he reminds me of a cow without the fart bag."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    That might be something they do a bit north of me, in San Francisco. I'm not that familiar with their recreational activities.

Maybe you meant 'pooping' his pants.

Lol!

BBeerme, ... Those "Recreational Activities" are now CORRUPTLY , but Federally Protected.

In Today's Culture, ... >>>Speaking The Truth<<<, is twisted in to "Casting Dispersions" against these "Federally Protected Activities", ... Kinda like the Bakers that have refused to bake Cakes, in honor of those "Activities". SMH

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Lol!

BBeerme, ... Those "Recreational Activities" are now CORRUPTLY , but Federally Protected.

In Today's Culture, ... >>>Speaking The Truth<<<, is twisted in to "Casting Dispersions" against these "Federally Protected Activities", ... Kinda like the Bakers that have refused to bake Cakes, in honor of those "Activities". SMH
    Yeah, it is a pretty mixed up State of Affairs.
    A skilled Tech would solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    Although certain personal activities are federally protected last i head soliciting work in TX without a licence is still illegal. I also think its great that they check! We need this in NY.

12. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123