Thread: Vn250 vs. VN500

Post Likes

Vn250 vs. VN500

I'm looking at purchasing the western enterprise VN series nitrogen flow regulator and would like to hear from anyone that bought one. Did you get the 500 or 250, and most importantly, why the one you chose and not the other? I'm probably over thinking this as usual but maybe there's something I hadn't considered

Post Likes
    The numbers refer to the highest pressure, IIRC.

Therefore, if you do ductless units you will want the 500 as mfrs want 500psig pressure test.
    If you don't, then get the 250.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    I only work on mini-splits every now and then as they are still new to me, but I'm sure that will change. Just wondering since their price is only a couple bucks difference why anyone wouldn't get the vn500 unless there was a good reason not to. Do you leave yours on the nitro tank in the truck? I was looking on their website for maybe a case to keep it from banging around, but didn't find anything. My nitrogen sits in its own stand, so it's not rolling n' banging but I'd still be seeing red if it was busted up after a drive down a pot-holed road

Post Likes
    I am not familiar with them, I use a standard regulator and then connect a separate flow regulator to it for brazing.

It's possible that, IIRC, these are set at those pressures and not adjustable.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    They now have a 650 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk