Post Likes

Confused What became of the "GENUINE" 1/4 x 3/8 Refrigeration flare nut Wrench

There used to be a genuine 1/4 x 3/8 flare nut wrench which grabbed flare nuts precisely and it was sold by United Refrigeration and Johnstone Supply it disappeared off the face of the earth. If memory serves me the 1/4 flare nut is 5/8 wide and 3/8 flare nut is 13/16 inch wide does anyone no what became of this tool ?? Someone stole mine and a replacement is no where to be found. It was great for grabbing a flare nut in really tight locations.

Post Likes
    1/4 flare = 3/4 wrench . 3/8 flare = 7/8 wrench they were full size flare nuts , some nuts now are smaller to save material I suppose .

Post Likes
    Refrigeration flare nut width has'nt changed, I believe the wrench may have been mfg. by Duro, it grabbed a flare nut precisely, the flare nut wrenches in tool catologs are for brake line fittings completely different tool. I have googled this tool it's as if the tool never existed.

Post Likes
    are you speaking of tubing wrenches?
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post
    I have googled this tool it's as if the tool never existed.
    http://alloy-artifacts.org/duro-indestro-p5.html

Refrigeration tools are near the bottom. eBay is likely your friend.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Jtrammel - "I’m going to sell hvac systems derp derp derp"
    BBeerme - "every time he opens his mouth, he reminds me of a cow without the fart bag."

6. Likes CHAINIK liked this post
    Post Likes
    Cheapies can be had in metric and US at harbor freight.

I still own my set of Imperials from 40 years ago.....