Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CCN BEST Programming

Does anyone have a manual for programming in CCN BEST?
    Also, is there a library of examples (like Tracer CPL) available?
    I need to lead/lag two boilers from an OAT reset and send a
    setpoint to both boiler's controllers.
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

check your e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by licensed to chill View Post
    check your e-mail
    Thanks.
    Does anyone have a OAT/HWS boiler reset already written in BEST.
    I know, I'm getting greedy
    Jogas

"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post

Whec,
    I am confused by the table you sent (my usual mode).
    What I need is to reset the boiler supply water temperature setpoint by outside air temperature.
    Like: OAT - HWS
    0* = 180*
    60* = 110* (Condensing Boilers)
    Then bring on the second boiler as needed. Rotation would be great, but just getting the above accomplished would be enough for now.
    Honestly, I am surprised the CCN doesn't have a drop-in OA reset file to make this easier. Or do they?
    Jogas

Quote Originally Posted by jogas View Post
    Whec,
    I am confused by the table you sent (my usual mode).
    What I need is to reset the boiler supply water temperature setpoint by outside air temperature.
    Like: OAT - HWS
    0* = 180*
    60* = 110* (Condensing Boilers)
    Then bring on the second boiler as needed. Rotation would be great, but just getting the above accomplished would be enough for now.
    Honestly, I am surprised the CCN doesn't have a drop-in OA reset file to make this easier. Or do they?
    There is a AO-Reset built into the Comfort Controller. This will work if the setpoint to the boiler is an AO from your Comfort Controller. You can also lead/lag with a DO-Pump Control and software points.

With control of the on/off, typically I just use a DO-Permisive Interlock to turn on both boilers below a OA temp setpoint. IE: above 30df, only one boiler runs in lead/lag and below 30df both boilers run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

jogas,

Display your controller list and select the controller you are setting up your control of the boiler. Highlight it, (highlights blue), and then go to your toolbar and click on the configure menu. Click controller and the comfort Controller Dialog Box will appear. It should have the following tabs: Hardware, Software, Setpoints, System, Alarms, Functions, and Algorithms.
    You can use this box to configure most of what you want to do. Sorry, I have never written a Best++ program. Balibe is the man at CCN. He can be of better help. The table I provided is from one of my boiler jobs. Still learning myself.
    Good luck and let us know how it works out.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

While the, "Canned Algorithms" in CCN work great, they sometimes take you just shy of where you need to go. The AO-Reset one is designed for an analog output which doesn't transalate well to DOs - like boiler start.

I'll dust off an old laptop to look for the code, but the most accessible way to do this, (in my opinion) is to use the AO-Adaptive Control algorithm and just a little bitty best program to map the calculated reset setpoint from that to a software point.

Add a set point schedule and the DO Analog algo using the software point/reset setpoint for a space temp input and now you have a program that you can tweak all you want without doing any best stuff at all.

If the boilers have any type of run status, you could then use the newest do pump algo to lead/lag rotate as needed.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    As CCN is new to me, I'll try to apply what has been suggested when I get back on site.
    Again, many thanks.
    Jogas

R U bringing this into AX???

or is this a new adventure for you

I just started with R2 bringing in some Carrier RTU'S via their CCN R2 driver and then into AX via OBIX.......

Day 2 with R2, what a set back in time, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post

I just started with R2 bringing in some Carrier RTU'S via their CCN R2 driver and then into AX via OBIX.......

New adventure at this point
    The Tridium component is probably Phase 5 of still another 3 year old "never worked right" building Retrocommission. I'm trying to see if we can get the heart (CCN) of the building working right, then work on equipment heating/economizer operation, then chiller operation, then balancing, then hopefully AX.
    This CCN looks like canned files instead of canned controllers, i.e. the "program" runs according to how the questions are answered. As I'm reading the replies to my post, the trick seems to be knowing which canned file to use to get the controller to do what you want, then use BEST programming if you have to. Interesting.

R2....yeah, a real time delay. I'm glad I started out on AX.
    Jogas

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post

I made some inquiries about the AX/CCN driver and was told it was possible, but has it's problems and hurdles.
    I've got another job where we the customer wants to add NIC's to two Carrier RTU's that did not come with the CCN option (A style RTU's). Thankfully that's down the road a piece.
    Jogas

Joe Email me I think I have what you need Unless you found it already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast