Post Likes

Help with apprentice, school, experience

I was an HVAC helper with a licensed Tech here in Colorado. He is my girlfriends brother in law. We don't get along. The 6 months with him is a wash up. My experience, is nothing but folklore as far as proof being an apprentice. I have family responsibility, no time to be unemployed. I found United Association the union that will get me employed, put me through school, and get me all the experience I'll ever need. I have applied and January looks like the interview. What an awesome opportunity if they give it to me. Life happens, and putting all my eggs in one basket isn't a wise choice. Does someone know who else, perhaps a union that offers this same chance here in Colorado just in case.

Post Likes
    What are you saying you want the 6 months previous to be credited towards the apprenticeship?

Post Likes
    No, not at all. I think someone who knows UA will know what I am asking. I don't blame you for not understanding the question without knowing there is another way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamabbott35 View Post
    No, not at all. I think someone who knows UA will know what I am asking. I don't blame you for not understanding the question without knowing there is another way.
    638 NYC RETIRED,

Post Likes
    That's great. I am looking for plan B if it doesn't pan out. I could care less about the brother in law experience. It is just a point of fact. I want to know if there are other associations for plan B so that I am not relying on only one option.

Post Likes
    Find a better company than the brother in law

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamabbott35 View Post
    That's great. I am looking for plan B if it doesn't pan out. I could care less about the brother in law experience. It is just a point of fact. I want to know if there are other associations for plan B so that I am not relying on only one option.
    Plan A will pan out if you really want it, remember there are 300 kids applying for the job you want, keep on calling and the doors will open.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Plan B Move to an area where there are more jobs. Here we are starving for people. Walk in to the hall have a pulse and have basic mechanical abilities and can string a few reasonable thoughts together and your hired. You may be able to be get hired on as an MES 1 with six months experience but if it were me I would go with the traditional apprenticeship route.
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    typically there is only one Union per area, and usually its UA. There may also be a sheetmetal union if you're a tin basher.

Post Likes
    Serviceman? W/ only 6 months experience? Does your Local refer to Service Apprentices as Servicemen like Las Vegas does?

Sent using Tapatalk Pro